Feature requests

Started by lukem, August 26, 2011, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

Installed 3.0.27 and all ok except the wrong logo for c31 Melbourne.
But the logo says 31 (it's the Brisbane logo) so at least I know what channel it is.
But would be nice to have the Melbourne logo (the newer one not the older one they changed just after they went digital).
So looking forward to v4.
Kevin

lukem

Ahh yes, that should be right within the next 15 mins... (next sync)

rakmod

Hi guys,

Installed 3.0.0.27 on a machine in the ACT.  Got the following results:

Channels Correctly Configured for ICETV Guide with Icons
ABC1
SBS ONE
SC10 Canberra
ABC3
ABC News 24
SBS HD
SBS TWO
Eleven

No configuration with Guide or Icons (the channel numbers on the web site for the ACT have been wrong forever, but previously manually configured it all anyway so was not bothered)

Win Canberra ( 8 )
ABC2/ABC4 (22)
One Canberra (50)
GEM Canberra (80)
GO! Canberra (88)
PRIME7 Canberra (202)
7TWO Canberra (205)
7mate Canberra (206)

Once manually configured icons and guide data are both correct.

Regards

bodogbodog

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 21, 2012, 10:22:33 AM
You could try "Setup TV Signal" in Media Center again, which would rescan your channels and rebuild the master lineup. Once done, a full sync on Interactive will grab the full guide..

Thanks - I moved to the 3.0.27 beta - that didn't fix it but a full rescan of channels did - so all worknig well for me now

Keep it coming
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Jaans

Hi Luke

Well done with the latest updates. It's nice to see these improvements coming along.

It's the silly season for TV shows at the moment and as such many shows that we record are showing back to back. How are we doing with a solution to this (http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3100.msg15523#msg15523) to either specify which show goes to which tuner, or to avoid these back to back shows using the same tuner?

Ps: Is this what you mean with "Tuner Collision Avoidance" - if not what's that?

Thanks,
Jaans

lukem

Quote from: Jaans on February 13, 2012, 10:53:50 AM
It's the silly season for TV shows at the moment and as such many shows that we record are showing back to back. How are we doing with a solution to this (http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3100.msg15523#msg15523) to either specify which show goes to which tuner, or to avoid these back to back shows using the same tuner?

Setting some hard post-padding should really do this, but I can add an option to reassign recordings that are back-to-back to a different tuner. I'll take a look once Interactive V4 beta1 is available.

Quote from: Jaans on February 13, 2012, 10:53:50 AM
Ps: Is this what you mean with "Tuner Collision Avoidance" - if not what's that?

Not really, TCA is more related to preventing conflicts in the first place by finding an alternative airing of the show.

bodogbodog

Luke

Can you have a look at this thread - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3252.0;topicseen
Would the fact that I am seeing guide data for TV4ME channel have anything to do with me running the beta version?
Just wondering...

I just looked at my latest guide data

From now until 11am on Thursday 16 February its showing "No Data Available." then programme data until 5pm on Saturday 18 February then back to "No Data Available."

It must be picking it up from inband data

It really doesnt matter to me as I am very unlikely to want to record infomercials - but like all things technology its a case of wanting to get to the bottom of it!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Jaans

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on February 13, 2012, 01:44:15 PM

Setting some hard post-padding should really do this, but I can add an option to reassign recordings that are back-to-back to a different tuner. I'll take a look once Interactive V4 beta1 is available.

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean by "hard post-padding" and how will that ensure that content of the two back to back shows aren't on the other one's recording.

As far as I can tell, the only way to solve the problem, is indeed to use another tuner to ensure that a given recording isn't missing part of it's intended content because that part content is actually recorded on the show immediately following. That's how Media Centre did it when we recorded shows before moving over to IceTV

If another tuner is used in alternate fashion when shows are back to back, it will allow for the first show to be recorded in it's entirety (and may or may not include some of the next show - but that's irrelevant). What is significant is that the second  recording will contain some of the first show overlapping a bit with the first recording (but that's possible because each used different tuners), but most importantly is will contain everything from the second show.

The reason this is so important is because I cannot delete some shows already watched because it contains parts of another show not yet watched. Furthermore, you need to figure out (or remember) which already watched show contains the "missing" content, and it often happens that someone in the family doesn't realise that the content at the end of their show is meant for someone else's show and then deletes it. Another reason is all these shows that cannot be deleted yet, eventhough they are watched, is eating up all the space.

I'd be more than happy to be a beta tester gunea pig for this, especially if it means I can salvage our situation with all the new shows starting.

Thanks again,
Jaans

lukem

The idea is that hard padding at the end of the first show should force the second show to be recorded on another tuner.

I would be interested to hear if the hard padding options in Interactive have allowed for this in the current version.

Dave

Jaans,
The hard padding can force your recording to have x minutes before the scheduled time and x minutes after.  This ensures that the recording includes the start and end of your program.  It does however mean that back to back recordings will use two different tuners in your machine.  So you need to have the extras available.  I run 4 tunners in mine and set hard padding for 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.  This guarantees that I get the beginning and end of all programs.

Luke,
This functionality is a Godsend.  It really does solve all the issues we used to have.  I do get the odd conflict where I run out of tuners, but I manage that manually in Media Centre on the rare occasion it happens.

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Jaans

@Luke: Ah... I see what you are saying :o

Just to make sure I set the right padding option. Should I be enabling the "Manual Padding" options on the "Recordings" tab of IceTV interactive (3.0.0.25 is the version I have)? Or is this set elsewhere?

Are the padding options set in Media Centre considered "soft" padding? Also, are these then ignored / overwritten?

@Dave: Your post just came in as I was typing. That's exactly what I want... are you using 3.0.0.25 for that?

Dave

Jaans,

I'm not sure if 3.0.0.25 has the hard pading option, but 3.0.0.27 beta certainly does.  It also adds station logos to your program guide.

Luke had previously advise that the latest beta was at http://files.icetv.com.au/Win7%20Interactive%20Beta/IceTV%20Interactive%20(Win7)%203.0.0.27.exe

Give it a go and see how it works.  I haven't seen any adverse feedback on this beta.

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Jaans

Thanks Dave - are you using the "Manual Padding" options on the "Recordings" tab of IceTV interactive to do this?

Dave

Jaans,
That sounds about right.  There are two options (I just don't have them in front of me here at work) the first for pre-padding and the other for post-padding.  I think the options are something like "Media Centre Defaults" or "Hard Padding".  The Hard Padding options will force the recording to include the padding and not the Media Centre normal "x minutes if possible".
It works a treat if you have sufficent tuners.
Dave.

Jaans

Thanks Dave... I just installed the beta.

I did notice that the Log tab now shows a .NET "Exception System.NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error during "sync" operation.

It appears as if the other bits still work (ie. show scheduling tasks), perhaps Luke knows more as to whether this is a serious enough issue to consider rolling back.