remote scheduled recordings fail

Started by hostile17, April 02, 2011, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hostile17

hi all.

my first post here.

i have recently bought a topfield 2400 MP to replace  TiVo (biggest waste of money iu have spent in ages !)
many years ago i had an old topfiled 5000 MP, so when i decided to replace the tivo, i went and bought the topfield 2400.

anyway, i have it set up all went well, i have installed a few TAP's.
i have it connected via wired LAN and it has network access, i can see youtube, and the ice tv guide,
and can even stream media from my PC, but for some reason, remote scheduled recordings from the ice tv guide
fail.

they are not sent to the topfield. i schedule something from the interactive web guide, i get the red scheduled
to record option, so all looks ok there. if i come back to the guide (on the web) in about an hour, the scheduled recording
has the yellow failed icon. and it's not transferred to the topfield.

i don't kno what's going on, as the first bunch of recordings i scheduled for friday and saturday worked fine.
but anything i have tried to schedule for this week coming up, have failed.

anyone here have any idea what's going on ?

i have emailed icetv support, but i thought id post up here too.
see if i might be able to get an answer sooner.

please help.

Jason

jcritch73

I have just recently purchased the trf-2460 after upgradingrom the 7100. I am seeing the same issue. When I force a resend of all recordings that appears to fix he problem, but for how long i dont know. With the 7100 i used to see a message in the my account session that shows when the epg was fetched and also when recordings were sent, but know I only see the epg fetch.

If anyone knows of a fix, would be good. I travel quite a lot, so  wont always be home to pick up the roblem and fix.

Thanks
JC