Topfield TRF-2400 Set Up

Started by keichan56, August 29, 2009, 11:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

Quote from: antc on November 21, 2009, 05:00:32 PM
Hey all.  I too have just upgraded from a 5000 to the 2400 and am impressed so far.  Just a question though, how do you all have it connected to your icebox?  At the moment Ive got it connected by ethernet cable, and not usb, but was on the icetv website and it cant fetch.  Does it have to be connected by usb as well?
Just use one of the spare ethernet connections on your IceBox. The Icebox as far as the Toppy is concerned is just an ethernet hub - it doesn't use any of the stuff inside the box - that is only used by your 5000 Toppy. I take it your IceBox (is it an Icebox 2 btw) is connected via ethernet cable to your modem/router?

There appear to be some issue with the 2400 and ICETV, so have a look at the thread on the new itopfield forum here, particularly the last couple of pages:

http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=190&PN=1&title=topfield-2400-networking
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

antc

It is an icebox2. Connected to the 2400 by ethernet cable.  The icebox is then connected to my computer by wireless.  When i go to the icebox site and try to fetch it says there is no connection to the toppy.  Any ideas?

wrustless

I have had issues with the guide not updating....

I, too, upgraded from Toppy 5k to 2400, via BW and Strong.

I noticed that the EPG on my 2400 doesn't show content for some channels past the present hour.

The workaround is to select one of theose channels with missing data, press OK, exit EPG and select EPG again. the full list of progs for that transponder are now shown.

I would imagine that the EPG content is populated by data sent from each transponder (per provider), so perhaps there is an improvement for Topfield here to poll the transponders more regularly.

Let me know if this works for you.

tonymy01

That is free to air EPG you are describing, not ICE.   To get ICE working, you need to setup a device in your ICE account settings (set it to a 2400 device more than likely), and then enable ICE in the 2400 settings, choosing that device you setup (and named) in your account.
And regarding the December 5th post, the ICEbox software for EPG setting up is irrelevant when used as a simple bridge so your 2400 can get out to the internet to get the guide (and timers) itself.   The ICEbox software for EPG updating is only relevant to any Topfield 5K hanging off it's USB port.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

ancall

My Topfield 2400 with 12 May firmware is not fetching the guide consistently.  It will fetch sometimes when I do a system restore but even that is not consistent. Any further insights?.
ancall

JPP

Quote from: ancall on July 31, 2010, 11:31:08 AM
My Topfield 2400 with 12 May firmware is not fetching the guide consistently.  It will fetch sometimes when I do a system restore but even that is not consistent. Any further insights?.
ancall
Have a look at this thread on the Toppy Forum.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

ancall

Quote from: JPP on August 02, 2010, 09:02:11 AM
Quote from: ancall on July 31, 2010, 11:31:08 AM
ancall
Have a look at this thread on the Toppy Forum.

Thanks for your help.  I saw that thread and tried factory reset but its still broken.  I will give it a go with trial account.
ancall

lejam

Me too. I have 2400, had dramas with it at the start. Did a full reset and turned off any taps that do epg's and now it seams to be fine. As i wait now for the epg to downloads today to see if it handles series records. ( cross fingers).