iPhone App Release Notes

Started by Daniel Drysdale at IceTV, March 15, 2011, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Release notes for the 2.X versions of the IceTV iPhone App

• Fixed crash on start for iOS 3.1.3
  • Fixed missing record buttons on show detail pages on iOS4.3

• Fixed crash on start for iOS 3.1.3

• Display programs that are already complete in a different colour to distinguish them from programs that have not ended yet
  • Replaced "Store" with "My Shows" on homepage
  • Removed "My Shows" from Settings
  • Disabled homepage scrolling
  • Added a prompt to "Rate" the application in iTunes
  • Provided a settings option to determine which page the app opens to
  • Added a refresh option to the list pages
  • Added "Any Network" to My Shows list for entries set to record on any network
  • Fixed an issue where the series record icon was incorrect on detail pages of series that match a keyword fav
  • Fixed an issue where  for Keyword Fav + Series recording, matching shows do not display series or keyword buttons
  • Removed "There is less than x days of guide available" message due to user confusion?
  • Fixed an issue where the Up/Down arrows were incorrect after scrolling from 'now' in TV Guide
  • Added app version number to Settings -> Application Information
  • Fixed a bug using a crash when using "Reset Application" or "Deathorise Phone" buttons in Settings page
  • Fixed a bug that prevent the app from using the Retina display optimised application icon on iPhone 4

• Fixed a bug using a crash when using "Reset Application" or "Deathorise Phone" buttons in Settings page
  • Fixed a bug that prevent the app from using the Retina display optimised application icon on iPhone 4
  • Added access to "Upcoming Episodes" to show detail pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused app to store some data indefinitely
  • Fixed a bug that caused the day list to miss the 7th day
  • Changed Settings->About to Settings->Application Information for consistency
  • Optimised memory usage in list views
  • Fixed an issue causing the TV Guide list view to update while the user is viewing it
  • Fixed issues with settings recording without a "Device 0" on the users' account
  • Fixed issues with keywording recordings scheduled in the app not showing the correct icons
  • Fixed an issue preventing free account users from creating keyword favourites
  • Fixed an issue where background loading of app data could return the user from a detail page to the previous list view prematurely
  • Fixed issues with UI consistency when scheduling recordings that are part of a keyword favourite
  • Fixed an issue causing the app to crash when the "Remove" series button was pressed after first moving to a recording option page

• Added "Now" mode to the TV Guide
  • Added IMDb, Metacritic & Rotten Tomato search to the show detail pages
  • Added a confirmation dialog for deleting a series
  • Fixed an issue causing the wrong number dialled from Help screen for support
  • Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash when selecting a keyword recording from Settings->My Shows
  • Fixed inconsistent wording on detail page "action" buttons
  • Fixed an issue that caused some favourites not to display title in detail page in Settings->My Shows
  • Removed option to set an 'Episode only' recording from "Most Popular" or "New Shows", replaced with text to say that you can't do 'Episode only' recordings for this show
  • Fixed an issue casing search in "My Week" to not return any rows
  • Fixed an issue that prevented creating a keyword with special characters
  • Fixed an issue with dates not being consistently formatted as 'dd mmm'
  • Fixed ordering of keyword favs/recordings in "My Shows"
  • Fixed a search bug that caused the TV Guide to get stuck on "Yesterday" if a search was active when the TV Guide page was opened
  • Fixed mixed up time bug

• Changed "Username" to "Member ID" on App Info
  • Fixed issue with store having no navigation bar
  • Changed title on TV Guide from "Guide" to "TV Guide"
  • Changed date format for EPG Expiry to "Sat, Jan 1, 2011"
  • Added support for advanced searches
  • Fixed display of Fav icon in list & detail page for New Shows & Most Popular
  • Fixed typo in support phone number on Help Page
  • Disabled "Low Memory" warning

• Initial release of all new app with offline access

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Lisey

Thanks heaps Dan. What about long term, is there a spot for these to be kept permanently?

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

I've made this post a "Sticky" and will keep adding to it as new versions are released.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Lisey

Oh cool thanks - I never knew what 'sticky' was! Learn new things every day

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

That's how we keep dementia at bay, at least if you're old like me ;)
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV