Android ICE Interactive bug

Started by tonymy01, March 21, 2011, 11:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

Hi,
I have found there is an issue with the Android app when it comes to ICE updating the schedule.  It appears that the original item is not purged from the EPG list, and so you end up sometimes with two shows on the same channel at the same time being displayed in the app.
e.g. last night had Castaway(1974) (with the description of the 1974 TV series hehe) and Cast Away(2000) for the same timeslot ;-).
e.g. looking right now at the app, we have two Top Gears on Nine tomorrow night at 8.30pm (I have toggled between them a couple of times to try to find the difference, it isn't immediately obvious what was updated for those).

This seems to be a similar issue to ICE fixing up the schedule and not tidying up the interactive timers they sent for the old schedule (I have seen this a few times on the Beyonwiz, where, say, a show moves timeslots, ICE reschedules the timeslot, creates the new timer, but doesn't purge the old timer, and because the old timer is therefore at the same channel/time as a different show, will actually cause interactive to think that the person wants to record this different show, as indicated by a red dot in the interactive guide display).   All schedule changes should be tracked to see if any interactive timers have been created, and ensure that a purge is done of those events that are not current).

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

raven-au

Quote from: tonymy01 on March 21, 2011, 11:00:40 AM
I have found there is an issue with the Android app when it comes to ICE updating the schedule.  It appears that the original item is not purged from the EPG list, and so you end up sometimes with two shows on the same channel at the same time being displayed in the app.

Yes, an obvious bug, can't understand why it hasn't been seen during development testing.

With two interactive devices registered I get two entries for every scheduled recording when the show is also marked as a favourite, one just has the favourite marker and the other has the record and favourite markers.

It doesn't seem to happen to me when only one interactive device is registered.
The iPhone app has the same problem but, for some puzzling reason, not quite so badly.

Ian

klingers

Just wondering if anyone else has had the app freeze on a white screen after selecting existing member or, for that matter, new member? After sitting at the white screen, if you wait long enough, it will eventually come up with "Web page not available" (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webwidget.cgi?format=android)