Wrong Guides?

Started by lmsmith, January 17, 2011, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmsmith

OK, weird problems.

Several channels - OneHD on Ch1 , both ABC1 channels (2 and 21), and 7Digital on Ch70 - are all showing the wrong guide. One HD and 7Digital show the ABC3 guide, and both ABC1 channels show the Channel 10 guide.
HOWEVER, all of these channels are identified correctly by the Toppy, and have the correct LCN numbers. Recordings can be sent to them OK from ICETV, and (most weirdly) pressing INFO whilst watching the programme gives the CORRECT info.

I've done all of the LCN mapping, re-scanning, factory resetting that have solved other issues.

Cheers

Lee

raymondjpg

Quote from: lmsmith on January 17, 2011, 05:50:28 PM
OK, weird problems.

Several channels - OneHD on Ch1 , both ABC1 channels (2 and 21), and 7Digital on Ch70 - are all showing the wrong guide. One HD and 7Digital show the ABC3 guide, and both ABC1 channels show the Channel 10 guide.
HOWEVER, all of these channels are identified correctly by the Toppy, and have the correct LCN numbers. Recordings can be sent to them OK from ICETV, and (most weirdly) pressing INFO whilst watching the programme gives the CORRECT info.

I've done all of the LCN mapping, re-scanning, factory resetting that have solved other issues.

Cheers

Lee

Have you tried the procedure outlined in the Ice TV Service Announcement sent to TF7100HDPVRt owners on 23 November 2010?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

lmsmith

Yup,
Done all that. Twice.

raymondjpg

Quote from: lmsmith on January 18, 2011, 08:24:10 PM
Yup,
Done all that. Twice.

My guess is that it is a channel mapping issue.

If you have limited the EPG options to one LCN only for each channel that you receive under my account on the Ice web site, do you still have any channel mapping options in the box under the ICE EPG setup on the Topfield?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Vortical

Quote from: raymondjpg
If you have limited the EPG options to one LCN only for each channel that you receive under my account on the Ice web site, do you still have any channel mapping options in the box under the ICE EPG setup on the Topfield?
With each channel mapped individually on the icetv website there should be no mapping required at all on the pvr.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Vortical on January 19, 2011, 01:38:22 AM
With each channel mapped individually on the icetv website there should be no mapping required at all on the pvr.

Sure, that channel mapping box under the Ice EPG options in the Topfield setup should be empty. I was curious to know if it was.

Vortical

Quote from: raymondjpg on January 19, 2011, 08:08:47 AM
Quote from: Vortical on January 19, 2011, 01:38:22 AM

Sure, that channel mapping box under the Ice EPG options in the Topfield setup should be empty. I was curious to know if it was.

Mine definitely was blank last time i checked

lmsmith

OK

All of the channels are set to one LCN under IceTV (except GWN which is disabled). However, I still get the option to change LCNs on my Topfield. Any thoughts?

raymondjpg

Quote from: lmsmith on January 20, 2011, 02:56:54 PM
OK

All of the channels are set to one LCN under IceTV (except GWN which is disabled). However, I still get the option to change LCNs on my Topfield. Any thoughts?

I think that channel mapping box may be a source of your problems.

Two thoughts (the second option would delete all recordings on the hard disk):

1. Leave the Topfield on for an extended period of time and see if after a number of EPG and timer fetches the problems are resolved.

2. Do a hard disk reformat (this would delete all recordings on the hard disk), factory reset, and setup from scratch.

lmsmith

OK, so.......

did the full HD reformat, factory reset and service search.
I still get a box for the LCN setting, but it is now empty.

Of course, the ABC channels are still displaying the Ch10 guides, and the channel 11 guide is on channel 12 (and vice versa)!

My only thought now is that I am running an older (2 upgrades ago) firmware on the topfield - considering the problems a lot of people (including myself) had with this machine when new, I figured that once I got a firmware that was working I would stick with it. Do you think upgrading the firmware would help?

raymondjpg

Quote from: lmsmith on January 21, 2011, 12:44:12 PM
OK, so.......

did the full HD reformat, factory reset and service search.
I still get a box for the LCN setting, but it is now empty.

Of course, the ABC channels are still displaying the Ch10 guides, and the channel 11 guide is on channel 12 (and vice versa)!

My only thought now is that I am running an older (2 upgrades ago) firmware on the topfield - considering the problems a lot of people (including myself) had with this machine when new, I figured that once I got a firmware that was working I would stick with it. Do you think upgrading the firmware would help?

The LCN box is best to be empty, so that is no longer a (potential) problem.

Are you sure that you have the correct LCNs selected on the Ice site for ABC and channels 11 and 12? If you are sure they are correct, then it may be best to contact Ice support (email enquiry link on the Help page).

I don't think any firmware "upgrade" would help. If you have the version 20090317 March 2009 installed I would stick with that. I haven't seen evidence of any other version that works any better.

Edit: I didn't read your message closely enough. If you haven't yet installed firmware version 20090317 March 2009 then I would recommend that you do so.

If you have installed firmware on this model before then you should know what procedures to follow with care. IIRC firmware version 20090317 performed a hard disk reformat during installation with the purpose of creating some new disk partitions.

lmsmith

Just installed the 20090317 firmware. Set everything up again. Rechecked LCNs on website.
Still showing the ch10 guide on the ABC1 channels, and oneHD on eleven.

Given up and emailed IceTV.

Perhaps I am destined never to know what is one ABC1!

raymondjpg

Quote from: lmsmith on January 21, 2011, 07:23:34 PM
Just installed the 20090317 firmware. Set everything up again. Rechecked LCNs on website.
Still showing the ch10 guide on the ABC1 channels, and oneHD on eleven.

Given up and emailed IceTV.

Perhaps I am destined never to know what is one ABC1!

Hopefully the IceTV techs can resolve your problem. I think you can be confident now that you have a firmware revision installed that has proven reliable with Ice, and no potential complications with dodgy channel mapping options in the Ice EPG LCN options box on the PVR.

Good luck.