Delete function from My Week

Started by DDH, December 22, 2010, 09:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDH

I'm now running v2.1 and think the 2.x version is generally looking good.

A question, prior to v2.x when you cruised through the list of shows to be recorded on your device, now "My Week", if you openned a recording you had the option to delete it.  I seem to have lost that.  Is there an equivalent function somewhere?

On 2.1 when you open a show set to record you only get the option to "Add favourite" or "Schedule new recording", no delete.  I use the function a bit to cull out unnecessary scheduled recordings due to such things as repeats on Gem not marked as such, etc.

Any thoughts out there?

Russell at IceTV

When you go to a details page of a show that's scheduled to be recorded, you should see a line near the bottom with text such as "Show queued to record", and a red X.  Clicking that line prompts you to delete the recording.

However, that area of the page has been changed (improved) a couple of times recently, so you might check to see that you're on the latest version, 2.1(12), which I believe became available in the app store yesterday or today.

Russell

DDH

Russell, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately no joy.

Definately on 2.1(12), downloaded today and just checked in the "About" page.

Sorry, when I open a scheduled recording I get
- Title to be recorded
- Channel and time, rating info etc
- Show description
- "Add favourite" with a green arrow pointing right
- "Schedule new recording" with a green arrow pointing right

Thats it, no "Show queue to record".

So to be clear my actions are:
- Select "My Week"
- Pick any show set to record
- See the details page with info as described above.

grampus

Quote from: DDH on December 22, 2010, 09:25:46 AM
Russell, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately no joy.

Definately on 2.1(12), downloaded today and just checked in the "About" page.

Sorry, when I open a scheduled recording I get
- Title to be recorded
- Channel and time, rating info etc
- Show description
- "Add favourite" with a green arrow pointing right
- "Schedule new recording" with a green arrow pointing right

Thats it, no "Show queue to record".

So to be clear my actions are:
- Select "My Week"
- Pick any show set to record
- See the details page with info as described above.
On my IPAD V2.1(12), It seems that it's a page length thing.
Depending on the size of the description.  Depends on how much is shown.
I scroll up, and the rest appears  RED X  etc.
Then if its a series, Series scheduled to record with green arrow.
BeyonWiz, T3

DDH

Quote from: grampus on December 22, 2010, 01:20:13 PM
On my IPAD V2.1(12), It seems that it's a page length thing.
Depending on the size of the description.  Depends on how much is shown.
I scroll up, and the rest appears  RED X  etc.
Then if its a series, Series scheduled to record with green arrow.

Thanks for the input.  I've just checked a news broadcast for 6pm tonight which has a very short description resulting in about the bottom third of the iTouch screen being blank and still no red cross option, just the two as stated previously.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Sorry about the delay but we have gotten to the bottom of the issue.

The bug you reported occurs for recordings that are created on your PVR and sent up to our server, it does not effect single, keyword or series recordings created on our website.

This is a server-side issue and is long standing but recently uncovered, thanks for the helping hand. ;)

I have corrected the problem and updated the production servers, I have also tested the fix with the app in my simulator using the authentication token from your account and I can see that your single recordings now have delete buttons as intended.

There is a second issue that prevents the "My Week" list from showing the device that single recordings (both PVR and server-based) are scheduled for, I am working on that one next.

Let us know if you find any other issues.

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

DDH

Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  Also thanks for taking this as a bug report and following up, it really is nice that IceTV are happy to do so.

I certainly now have the red cross for deleting.  Sadly the function fails when I try it.  I get the "Are you sure?" message on the iTouch, when I select "Yes" I get an "Alert", "An error occurred while processing your request. ...."  Given that this may not be the app and start out as s simple question about functionality, but may involve my account I'll call support when I get a moment later.

Once again, thanks.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing goes right? ;)

I'll check it out now and see if we can get it sorted out.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

DDH

I manage a large IT team for a multi billion dollar project, so yes and often  ;D

Thanks, I'll sit tight and not clog the support line for the time being.

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

I take my hat off to you, I have enough trouble managing a small team (while developing software) without losing the will to live.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

Ok, I think I have it nailed now <fingers crossed>, depending on when you last used the app you may need to "Reset Application", we only download the lastest info if you haven't hit the server in the last 15 mins.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

DDH

Dan, once again thanks.

I fired up the iTouch and it forced me to reauthenticate when I tried to use the function, as such, an effective application reset.  After that, yes, success!

I am at work at present and can only see the iTouch end.  I'm sure the delete will flow through.  I will check when home later and post back if there is a problem, but it really looks solved.

Again thanks for the assistance and being so keen to track down issues thus making the service better all the time.