Phantom recordings

Started by grampus, December 30, 2010, 07:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Just looking at my schedules this morning, I found that I have a heap of recordings scheduled on one of my 2 boxes.
All for one channel, 9, and it starts at 10:00 and going through each show till 5:00PM.  Only for today.
I hadn't manually scheduled any of these, either on the site, or on my box.

I just checked my box to see if they were on there already, as I put it into standby last night when I finished, and do so every time I finish.
Pulled the LAN cable out so it wouldn't get any updates to confuse me, and looked at my timers already set in the box.
The timers are not present there at all, so it seems that it has originated from the Ice end, or someone has cracked my P/W and has been playing games.

Anyone else seen this sort of phenomenon?
BeyonWiz, T3

grampus

Quote from: grampus on December 30, 2010, 07:39:11 AM
Just looking at my schedules this morning, I found that I have a heap of recordings scheduled on one of my 2 boxes.
All for one channel, 9, and it starts at 10:00 and going through each show till 5:00PM.  Only for today.
I hadn't manually scheduled any of these, either on the site, or on my box.

I just checked my box to see if they were on there already, as I put it into standby last night when I finished, and do so every time I finish.
Pulled the LAN cable out so it wouldn't get any updates to confuse me, and looked at my timers already set in the box.
The timers are not present there at all, so it seems that it has originated from the Ice end, or someone has cracked my P/W and has been playing games.

Anyone else seen this sort of phenomenon?

Turns out that I originally had the cricket set for recording.  That was removed from the guide and replaced.
I'd lost all interest in the cricket by Wednesday, so lost sight of it.
BeyonWiz, T3

tonymy01

This goes to show that ICE is *still* not deleting recordings when it has a schedule change.  This is one of the most annoying bugs left with ICE, that they don't first check to see if there are any people with timers set on the show they are about to move/delete/whatever, before moving/deleting/whatever from the guide, but of course the timer is already set on the PVR/whatever, and then ICE will see the timer on your PVR and think "wow, they want to record all day, well I will show red dots in the guide for all the shows that overlap their locally set** timer"...

**Obviously not locally set, it was originally set by ICE, but once ICE moves the timeslot, the timer as far as ICE is concerned looks like a locally set one, so they mark their guide accordingly that you have this timer on particular timeslots.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

grampus

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 31, 2010, 05:53:09 PM
This goes to show that ICE is *still* not deleting recordings when it has a schedule change.  This is one of the most annoying bugs left with ICE, that they don't first check to see if there are any people with timers set on the show they are about to move/delete/whatever, before moving/deleting/whatever from the guide, but of course the timer is already set on the PVR/whatever, and then ICE will see the timer on your PVR and think "wow, they want to record all day, well I will show red dots in the guide for all the shows that overlap their locally set** timer"...

**Obviously not locally set, it was originally set by ICE, but once ICE moves the time slot, the timer as far as ICE is concerned looks like a locally set one, so they mark their guide accordingly that you have this timer on particular time slots.
Tony,
Not totally sure what the sequence of events was, but, I'm nearly certain that I set the timers as a series. Then after I lost interest, and this happened prior to the actual end of the test, I deleted them off my box.  I think that was the day before they were bundled out.
I didn't go back to check the Ice server.  This I should have done I suppose.
Not sure what my little brain cell said at that time, why I didn't go back to check the server.
BeyonWiz, T3

grampus

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 31, 2010, 05:53:09 PM

**Obviously not locally set, it was originally set by ICE, but once ICE moves the timeslot, the timer as far as ICE is concerned looks like a locally set one, so they mark their guide accordingly that you have this timer on particular timeslots.
Had time to mull all this over in the brain box.
Yes, I agree that the Ice application should check to see what has been set already, when they have a schedule change.  Remove existing timers, and then reinsert if there is a time change.
BeyonWiz, T3