Survivor Start Time different.

Started by malibu91, November 07, 2010, 06:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malibu91

Just saw an ad for Survivor - Nicaragua.
Start time 21.40pm this Tuesday night on Nine.

That's 9:40pm not 9:30 as ICE is scheduling.

Jules

Madeleine IceGuide

Thanks.

Survivor has actually been pushed back again - it now starts at 10pm with the National IQ Test running 2.5 hours.

The guides have been amended to reflect this.

malibu91

Thanks for that. It just loaded on my Topfield for 10pm, however no name is showing? Is this an ICE issue?

Jules

Madeleine IceGuide

Program and episode details look fine at our end for Survivor.

I suggest fetching the guide again and seeing if that helps. Otherwise it's possible you're seeing mixed data, ie. ICE and the over the air guide info. (?)

Fester

Mine has come up with "error"!!

Failed to record for me. When I looked at the guide on the Topfield it still had the start time as
9:40pm.

Madeleine IceGuide

Quote from: Fester on November 09, 2010, 05:57:50 PM

Failed to record for me. When I looked at the guide on the Topfield it still had the start time as

Survivor was originally scheduled for 9.30pm, then re-scheduled for 10pm. It wasn't ever scheduled for 9.40pm in our guide. If you're seeing 9.40pm on your Topfield then you are getting data from the over the air guide.

Fester

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on November 10, 2010, 01:06:19 PM

Survivor was originally scheduled for 9.30pm, then re-scheduled for 10pm. It wasn't ever scheduled for 9.40pm in our guide. If you're seeing 9.40pm on your Topfield then you are getting data from the over the air guide.

Well, I think you need to check as it is scheduled for 09:40pm tonight here in Adelaide and the recording has failed again as the time has now changed from 10pm!

Mitch IceGuide

I think this is flak you might want to direct to the broadcaster. We're often chasing our tails just as you are. We're not psychic and go on the latest information presented.

Madeleine IceGuide

Quote from: Fester on November 30, 2010, 07:32:56 PM
Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on November 10, 2010, 01:06:19 PM

Well, I think you need to check as it is scheduled for 09:40pm tonight here in Adelaide and the recording has failed again as the time has now changed from 10pm!

That message was from November 10. Survivor was correctly scheduled on November 10, for 10pm. It was also correctly scheduled for this evening, November 30, for 9.40pm.

As per this thread...

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2803.0

Channel 9 made an amendment today to Top Gear which altered the entire evening's lineup. We amended the guide to reflect this change. If your system is not handling updates correctly then it is a problem with your set up rather than the guide itself.

Fester

I don't ever have any problems with the scheduling of individual shows it is just series recordings where one of the shows in the series is not at the same start time as the others. So for example like Survivor where one of the recording in the series has a time change it only affects that one recording, I get an "error" and it doesn't record. The others are OK. I don't know how any of my settings on the PVR (Topfield 2460) can get around that error. The only way around it is not to set-up series recordings.

Madeleine IceGuide

Quote from: Fester on December 01, 2010, 08:42:52 AM
I don't ever have any problems with the scheduling of individual shows it is just series recordings where one of the shows in the series is not at the same start time as the others. So for example like Survivor where one of the recording in the series has a time change it only affects that one recording, I get an "error" and it doesn't record. The others are OK. I don't know how any of my settings on the PVR (Topfield 2460) can get around that error. The only way around it is not to set-up series recordings.

That does sound odd because timers should adjust when amendments are made to start times. I'll point this out to one of our tech guys and hopefully they will have an answer for you.

Thanks

MB4913

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on December 01, 2010, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: Fester on December 01, 2010, 08:42:52 AM

That does sound odd because timers should adjust when amendments are made to start times. I'll point this out to one of our tech guys and hopefully they will have an answer for you.

Thanks

Ice treats all recordings as one-offs, so there should be no difference when one episode in a series changes its start time.

You just have to be patient. I have a Topfield 2400 and last night I had a 10:00PM recording timer for "Survivor" when I switched on. It disappeared completely after about half an hour, while the Guide still showed it starting at 10:00PM. It was still not there an hour later when the guide showed a 9:40 PM start; and finally, half an hour later, there was a new timer for 9:40PM. That's over two hours from switch-on.

Your problem may be related to some of the many issues some (not all) Topfield owners appear to be having (see various threads on the Topfield forum)

Fester

Quote from:  link=topic=2774.msg13846#msg13846 date=1291153372

Ice treats all recordings as one-offs, so there should be no difference when one episode in a series changes its start time.

You just have to be patient. I have a Topfield 2400 and last night I had a 10:00PM recording timer for "Survivor" when I switched on. It disappeared completely after about half an hour, while the Guide still showed it starting at 10:00PM. It was still not there an hour later when the guide showed a 9:40 PM start; and finally, half an hour later, there was a new timer for 9:40PM. That's over two hours from switch-on.

Your problem may be related to some of the many issues some (not all) Topfield owners appear to be having (see various threads on the Topfield forum)

My Topfield is on 24/7. In the Survivor example, when the time changed from 10pm to 9:40pm the Ice guide indicated an error on my series recording and failed to record. I have found in the past if I delete the series recording and start again for the new time all is ok. It only occurs for timed change series recordings, never for individual recordings. I'll have a look through the Topfield forums and see if anyone else is having similar issues.