Ad Skipping

Started by enviro8, October 03, 2010, 03:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enviro8

I have just been having a look around the site and noticed that the ads for PVRs all state that they "Programmable 'Ad Skip' button TV without interruption."

I have tried to search this site but can find no referecnes as to how this is implemented.

Is it a function of IceTV?
Is it a function of the PVRs sold by IceTV?
Does all the PVRs advertised have it as matter of course?

Can someone post some info on what it is, what is does and how to do it?

prl

It's a function of the PVR. And IceTV's home page claim that all IceTV-capable PVRs have it is not true. The Beyonwiz FV-L1 is IceTV-capable, but because it's also Freeview branded, it doesn't have ad skip.

And "ad skip" doesn't actually mean the ability to skip ads. It's the ability to do short instant skips back and forward in a recording, often by user-configurable amounts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: enviro8 on October 03, 2010, 03:39:08 PM
Can someone post some info on what it is, what is does and how to do it?

Yeah, as Peter said, all of the PVRs that are Freeview branded have the ad skip function disabled.  All the ads for Freeview don't tell you that, nor do they tell you that you can still watch all of the digital and HD channels (providing of course that they are HD capable) with the PVRs that are not Freeview branded
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

enviro8

prl

Quote from: enviro8 on October 04, 2010, 08:45:14 AM
Bugger!!
I think the Beyonwiz FV-L1 is the only Freeview-shackled IceTV capable PVR. It's certainly the only Beyonwiz with that problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing