7mate & GEM issues - Melbourne

Started by tvmandan, September 18, 2010, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martymonster

Same here, I still see GEM and 7mate and NO 9HD or 7HD in either my accounts page or the guide.

prl

Quote from: martymonster on September 20, 2010, 05:39:41 PM
Same here, I still see GEM and 7mate and NO 9HD or 7HD in either my accounts page or the guide.

In the ACT data, sending All LCNs will sent the GEM and 7mate data to all of GEM, WIN HD, Prime HD and 7mate. Or it would send it to GEM if the GEM LCN was being broadcast here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

martymonster

As a followup to my previous message.
This change has completely screwed up my recordings.
MY Vista box did not record a movie last night that was scheduled to be recorded.
Covert Affairs is now not scheduled to be recorded either.
It was also recording CH7 (7mate) from 12:00 midday today until I stopped it at 18:00, it was going to record until midnight.

My BW machine is not as badly screwed up.

As the old saying goes
Not happy Jan :'(

cam

Quote from: martymonster on September 20, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
As a followup to my previous message.
This change has completely screwed up my recordings.
MY Vista box did not record a movie last night that was scheduled to be recorded.
Covert Affairs is now not scheduled to be recorded either.
It was also recording CH7 (7mate) from 12:00 midday today until I stopped it at 18:00, it was going to record until midnight.

My BW machine is not as badly screwed up.

As the old saying goes
Not happy Jan :'(

Yep, my 7MC is also pretty messed up.  I use the Media Centre to set the timers, and just use IceTV for the guide data.  Its gone and made quite a mess, generally by deleting timers.

I'm googling about to try to see how to clear and then re-scan my timers list.  No luck so far.

Cam
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

martymonster

Cam - that will not make any difference.
ICE in there wisdom have removed 7DH and 9DH from the account page for Melbourne and have replaced them with GEM and 7mate.
At least that is what they have done to mine.

I have shows set they say 'prefer HD' , even though they are also on SD they still do not get set for recording by ICE.

Just re-checked my guide and they now seem to be getting some 7DH and 9HD programs  to show up on GEM and 7mate.

Will see how this goes.

It is also sending shows to be recorded which I have not set, strange but not surprising.

The change they made should never have been done without proper testing.

vader1111

This is beginning to be a major headache.  We're now down to less than a week before the new channels begin broadcasting, yet none of their new shows are appearing in the guide because Ice has reverted to listing only the existing HD broadcasts (which are just simulcasts of the SD channels anyway).

My vote would go to listing the programming for 7mate and GEM, rather than 7HD and 9HD.

melmac

Nightmare here in Perth managed to miss Covert Affairs last night, Thanks :(
Did a rescan this morning and ended up with 7mate and 9HD popping up in the guide would have thought it would of been 7mate and Gem - total mess.
I have reverted my recordings to SD version in the hope that I won't miss any other shows

prl

Quote from: vader1111 on September 21, 2010, 11:46:22 AM
...  We're now down to less than a week before the new channels begin broadcasting, yet none of their new shows are appearing in the guide because Ice has reverted to listing only the existing HD broadcasts (which are just simulcasts of the SD channels anyway).

My vote would go to listing the programming for 7mate and GEM, rather than 7HD and 9HD.
I suspect that IceTV doesn't have information they can use for the GEM and 7mate guides yet. It normally takes a couple of weeks for them to get enough information into their system to start producing guides. And after the weekend, Seven and Nine HD won't be simulcasts of the SD channels. They won't exist.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

vader1111

Quote from: prl on September 21, 2010, 08:05:59 PM
...  We're now down to less than a week before the new channels begin broadcasting, yet none of their new shows are appearing in the guide because Ice has reverted to listing only the existing HD broadcasts (which are just simulcasts of the SD channels anyway).

I suspect that IceTV doesn't have information they can use for the GEM and 7mate guides yet. It normally takes a couple of weeks for them to get enough information into their system to start producing guides. And after the weekend, Seven and Nine HD won't be simulcasts of the SD channels. They won't exist.
OzTam need 8 weeks notice to include the new channels in the ratings reports, but the TV Guide information for these channels is already available and has been since last week.  You can find them here:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/advance-guides

bogues

So Gem starts in 22 hours time and the IceTV guide for Brisbane (according to my PVR and IceTV's iPhone application) is still showing Nine HD programs for the coming week. This means my PVR (MythTV) will try and record any HD show on 9HD Gem, and thus not what I really want to record.

It's bad enough that IceTV aren't giving us the guide for Community TV STILL (only 3 and a half months since they launched), and now the guide is missing for two more channels. I don't exactly know what/why I am paying these monkeys. Definitely won't be renewing my subscription when it expires next month.

I assume there is no change to make at my end. The spam e-mail I received from them yesterday made no mention of having to make any changes.

prl

Quote from: vader1111 on September 22, 2010, 09:13:45 AM
Quote from: prl on September 21, 2010, 08:05:59 PM

OzTam need 8 weeks notice to include the new channels in the ratings reports, but the TV Guide information for these channels is already available and has been since last week.  You can find them here:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/advance-guides
But that isn't how IceTV gets its guides. The TV guides are copyright and that copyright is vigourously defended by its owners. IceTV uses a predictive scheme about prior broadcasting patterns and program information gleaned from other sources like station promos to assemble its guide. IceTV's guides, then, are their own and copyright to IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

vader1111

It's now less than 3 hours to GEM's first broadcast and 27 hours to the start of 7mate, yet the IceTV Guide still insists on maintaining the fiction of 9HD/WinHD and 7HD/PrimeHD for as far as the eye can see..

When will this farcical situation be brought to an end?

Mitch IceGuide

I think you can understand that given this channel is using a channel still under use that's it's not just a case of creating something new. Someone was always going to be affected by this. Our first action was ''s to bring in the new channels 7 days before so subscribers could get a good 'look' at what's upcoming. This affected alot of people on this very thread. We changed it back.

This morning we have changed the names and programming to reflect the new channels GEM and 7-MATE. Only we now hear Nine are not ready and have delayed the launch to 6am Sunday morning. So .... farcical? Please let channel Nine know that we agree with you.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 24, 2010, 01:24:10 PM
This morning we have changed the names and programming to reflect the new channels GEM and 7-MATE. Only we now hear Nine are not ready and have delayed the launch to 6am Sunday morning. So .... farcical? Please let channel Nine know that we agree with you.

Yep, Nine's section of the NineMSN web pages now says that GEM will launch on Saturday 26 Sep. No time given. The page is undated, but the earliest comments on it are from yesterday (23 Sep) morning.

The same page also says that it will launch today on Fox. They can get a feed to Fox, but not to their own transmitters?  ::)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

vader1111

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 24, 2010, 01:24:10 PM
Nobody will ever call Nein anything but farcical.  They weren't planning on showing regular programs until Sunday anyway.  They only had one reason for launching today - a puerile and childish desire to say "we did it first", by beating 7mate to air by 24 hours.