Mark all messages as read

Started by Russell at IceTV, June 30, 2006, 02:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

You may notice that suddenly the forum thinks all messages are unread.  This is unfortunately one of the casualties of the upgrade program we used to switch from the old forum software to the new forum software.  The upgrade program wasn't written for our exact version, so it didn't quite get things right when transferring over information about which messages had already been read.  To try to fix this, I've wiped out the "memory" for which messages have been read, and I'm hoping things will start working better now.

Here's what I'd suggest...

Check through the boards you're usually interested in and see if any topics have been updated -- they should be at the top of the list.  Once you've read everything new since the last time you visited, go back to the front page (click "HOME" in the tab bar at the top left), then click "Mark ALL messages as read" in the lower right corner of the boards list.  This will mark all messages, in all topics, in all boards, as read.  Hopefully it'll remember things correctly from that point forward.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience...
Russell