ABC1 News vs ABC News

Started by m4tild4, August 02, 2010, 11:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4tild4

Hi all - I have a scheduled nightly recrdng fr the nightly news on ABC1 - as the news is specific to my area. Now the ABC News channel has started, the EPG is recording shows on both ABC1 and ABC News. I cant seem to work out how to make it clear to Interative I only want to record on ABC1.

Any ideas?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Best bet would be to set the recording options under the Interactive website for "SD Only" (as the ABC News channel is in HD).

Or if doing it in the Media Center itself then you can set the recording to a specific channel instead of any channel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

MB4913

Could the new channel on LCN 24 be given its full name, "ABC News 24", in Ice Interactive, please, to match the name that is assigned when scanning for digital channels? There are many programs called "ABC News" on all ABC channels, and it would be less confusing if you used the name "ABC News 24" for the actual channel in the guide and in fact all areas of Ice Interactive.

By the way, I posted this question about a week ago in another topic, but got no response.

m4tild4

thanks for the suggestion Daniel - but the issue is ABC1 is the recording perference here - not ABC News. The reason for this is ABC1 as the South Australian specific news - and I live in Adelaide so I wuld prefer t view that.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: m4tild4 on August 03, 2010, 10:21:55 PM
thanks for the suggestion Daniel - but the issue is ABC1 is the recording perference here - not ABC News. The reason for this is ABC1 as the South Australian specific news - and I live in Adelaide so I wuld prefer t view that.

Exactly, and ABC1 is an SD service while ABC News 24 is a HD service. So if you set the recording preference to "SD Only" it will only ever record on ABC1.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.