Channel Mapping Problems

Started by raymondjpg, July 25, 2010, 06:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

I am having some difficulty with channel mapping on the 7100.

One HD is giving me a persistent error with scheduled recordings for this channel on My Upcoming Shows on the web page. Selecting "Reschedule recording" in the program options on the web page gives me a new red doughnut, but on next fetch the error shows up again.

If I try to select a program on the Ice EPG (with the Go button) in the Topfield for One HD to set a recording, I get a brief message "IceTV Channel Map Ch50 -> Ch1". It will not select.

I can set a recording manually with the record button, and it sticks in the scheduled recording list on the Topfield, but the error still persists in My Upcoming Shows.

My Account options for One HD in the ACT says "Send to PVR as LCN 1,11, 12 and 50". Any one of these options can be selected, but I have "All" selected. However the channel mapping options in the EPG setup on the Topfield only allows selection of LCN 1.

So my PVR insists on One HD having LCN 50, and Ice insists on LCN 1.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

jcritch73

I am getting the sames issue but with 7 HD. I am unable to select recording from Ice EPG. Error messsage I see is "Ice TV Channel Map Ch70 ->Ch1". Please help.

raymondjpg

Quote from: jcritch73 on August 04, 2010, 06:07:20 AM
I am getting the sames issue but with 7 HD. I am unable to select recording from Ice EPG. Error messsage I see is "Ice TV Channel Map Ch70 ->Ch1". Please help.

This was my fix (with help from Topfield support):

1. Write down the LCN channel numbers you have for every channel from your Topfield. Then go to the Ice website, www.icetv.com.au, click on My Account and change the dropdown for all your channels to the LCN that you have.

2. Do a factory reset on the Topfield, rescan all services and setup network connection.

3. Get the Topfield to download the guide again. That can usually be done by disabling then re-enabling Ice on your Topfield box. If that doesn't work, just wait an hour with the box on. Don't do the next step until you can see correct Ice guide data on your Topfield.

4. Finally, resend all recordings from the Ice website to your box.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

hallycat

1. Write down the LCN channel numbers you have for every channel from your Topfield. Then go to the Ice website, www.icetv.com.au, click on My Account and change the dropdown for all your channels to the LCN that you have.

2. Do a factory reset on the Topfield, rescan all services and setup network connection.

3. Get the Topfield to download the guide again. That can usually be done by disabling then re-enabling Ice on your Topfield box. If that doesn't work, just wait an hour with the box on. Don't do the next step until you can see correct Ice guide data on your Topfield.

4. Finally, resend all recordings from the Ice website to your box.

I had the same problem and that was exactly how I fixed it. When I checked the channel mapping on the Topfield the only change I had to make was to the Channel 1 LCN which was the only one listed and then everything else was fine.
Also, it took at least an hour and a half to get the Ice Guide to download. Disabling and re-enabling Ice for EPG didn't work.

Davo@home

I too am having the same problem.....AGAIN.
Had this problem a month or so and fixed exactly as above but WHY has it returned again, is this something that is going to happen every couple of months, I don't realise it has happened until a recording is from the wrong channel. Can someone explain why this is repeatedly happening and how to stop it?

Jondalar

I am having similar problems.  The Topfield won't let me change the incorrect LCN settings.  I reset it in the website but it's still wrong in the 7100.  I am getting 7 mapped to 2 and the wrong programs recorded.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Jondalar on November 18, 2010, 09:14:41 PM
I am having similar problems.  The Topfield won't let me change the incorrect LCN settings.  I reset it in the website but it's still wrong in the 7100.  I am getting 7 mapped to 2 and the wrong programs recorded.

Have you restricted the dropdown to *only one* LCN for each of your channels for your region on the My Account page on the web interface?

If you do that then the LCN settings box in the EPG setup on the Topfield should be blank. i.e. the Topfield will be restricted to only one option for the EPG and timers for each channel, as set from the Ice site.

Jondalar

Hi Raymondjpg,

Yes I've done that, now last night I did a factory reset on the 7100 and rescanned channels, hopefully now it will be alright.

emheenan

I'm also having Channel Mapping Problems, which the above steps (factory reset, rescan and resend) isn't fixing.

"My Account"/"TV Guide" on the Ice TV website, each of the channels is set to be sent to my PVR as a single LCN. On my Topfield, the IceTV channels are correctly mapped to each LCN, so that when I look at the episode guide (the IceTV EPG) on each channel on my Topfield it shows the correct guide.

But even though all of that is correct, for channels ONE HD, Seven, and SBS ONE, when the IceTV Scheduler (as opposed to EPG) information is downloaded or retrieved, the wrong channel is set to be recorded. I think, that I've tracked down the source of this problem, although I don't know how to fix it.

In my Topfield's setup menu for the EPG (the one where I choose between the free to air and Ice TV EPG, and, if choosing the IceTV EPG, enter my username and password) there is an option called "Channel Map". This "Channel Map" option is separate from the function to map channels you get when you press the List/OK button.

If I look inside this "Channel Map" option it brings up a window, with the title "[Perth Region]" (which is where I am and which is what I've set in "My Account"/"TV Guide" on the ICE TV website), and which shows 4 channel maps. These are:

Seven        <>      5
SBS ONE     <>     2
ONE HD      <>      3
ONE HD      <>      1

This window doesn't correspond with the mappings I've set on either the IceTV website or which I've set on the Topfield myself. The "<>" symbol indicates that the Topfield is showing that I can toggle or change the mappings, but when I try to do so I can't for the first three (it seems only one option is available), and for the second, repeated ONE HD mapping, I can choose between four options (I leave it on 1, as that is where ONE HD actually is).

This seems to explain my problem, because the symptoms of the channel mis-mapping are that recordings set for Seven are reporting as errors on IceTV Interactive (which is explicable because I don't have a Channel 5); recordings set for SBS ONE are being scheduled as recording on ABC 1 (which is channel 2 on my Topfield); and recordings for ONE HD are being scheduled as recording on SBS ONE (which is channel 3 on my Topfield).

So that seems to be the source of the problem - but how do I fix it? Factory reset hasn't worked, and I have no idea where it's even getting these mappings from - and it won't let me change them?

raymondjpg

Quote from: emheenan on November 20, 2010, 04:10:59 PM
If I look inside this "Channel Map" option it brings up a window, with the title "[Perth Region]" (which is where I am and which is what I've set in "My Account"/"TV Guide" on the ICE TV website), and which shows 4 channel maps. These are:

Seven        <>      5
SBS ONE     <>     2
ONE HD      <>      3
ONE HD      <>      1

As far as I know, that window should be blank with no options. (If you have restricted each channel to only one LCN on the Ice website.)

Mine is.

At some stage when I was having these problems I did a hard disk reformat on the theory that it was a way to clear out redundant Ice EPG information from the Topfield.

If you don't want to do this (maybe some recordings you don't want to lose), then wait for someone who may have an alternative suggestion.

Regards

dippy

Hi All,

I'm from Ice Support. Here's the methods we normally use to resolve this issue that is happening with some Topfield 7100's.

- First press the OK button to show a channel list, and write down the channel numbers and names for all your channels. This will be used in the next steps.

- From Live TV Press Menu
- Select System Settings, EPG Setting
- Select Channel Mapping
- Make sure each of the channels listed there have the LCN of the channel number you wrote down above. Note you won't see all channels on this list, and that's normal.

If all the channel numbers were already correct, you can stop here. Your box has not been affected by this issue and you do not need to do anything else.

If some LCN numbers were wrong, but you were able to correct all the numbers in the above step, please SKIP the next step and move to the RESEND STEP

RESCAN STEP

Only if you CANNOT change the LCN column of some of the channels in the Channel Mapping page, AND those channel numbers are still incorrect, you will need to delete all your channels and rescan. To do this:

- From Live TV
- Press the OK button on the remote
- Press the RED button on each channel and choose the Delete option

Once all channels have been deleted, do a channel rescan. Then continue to the next step.

RESEND STEP

Finally, you'll need to resend all recordings so your Topfield can link the correct channels to what we schedule:

- First make sure you have deleted all the timers (scheduled recordings) on your box, as if you try to resend with timers already existing, it can cause problems.
- Go to our website http://www.icetv.com.au/
- Click on "My Account" at the top (or "Log In" and login)
- Click on the "TV Recorders" tab
- Click on "Resend All Recordings"
- Wait an hour with the box on for the recordings to come through.

Then everything should be fine.

If not, please contact us directly and we'll help you with your specific circumstance.

David.
cheers
David - IceTV Support Team

Need help? Phone IceTV support on 1300 654 803 or Contact Us

ritslam

Hi.  I had similar problems with ABC1 appearing instead of 7, and One HD appearing instead of 10.  I had some difficulty with Topfield's service announcement because my initial list of channels had duplicates of channels having different LCN's - so strictly the EPG>Channel Mapping settings matched my original channel listing. ???

After a couple of attempts I simply went ahead and changed the EPG>Channel Mapping LCNs from the initial single digit option showing to the next double digit option i.e from 7 to 70 for channel 7, for each of the 4 channels showing.  Did the Resend Timers and everything now works fine.

Thanks to Ice for sending the service announcement or I wouldn't have known where to start. ;)

abes

Had this problem since 16-Nov (last known correctly mapped recording) but had no idea what was wrong (thought it was me).

Anyway received the email from IceTV with the instructions (as below post shows) and followed instructions. Could not change LCN settings on my Toppy so did the individual channel delete and rescan. went to the webpage to 'resend recordings' - no change to the LCN issue. Did a factory reset and rescan and things have gone downhill since then!

Went to IceTV webpage and manually set all LCN channels to what my channels read on the Toppy (ie 7 Digital to 7, 7Mate to 73 and so on). This was advised on a post on this forum. result no guide available at all (various error messages regarding IceTV servers being busy - try again in 2 minutes), then no error messages but no guide. Started to experience intermittent freezes (power off only option - but seemingly only after accessing TV guide set to IceTV). Received email from IceTV support to change from IceTV - FTA - IceTV ~ result no change

Decided time to format HDD, so copied all recorded programs to ext HDD, reset factory defaults, formatted HDD, reset factory defaults, installed latest firmware (1.00.51), setup wireless network (pinged OK), rescan channels (23 channels in Perth)- result - no difference - no IceTV Guide (FTA guide works fine) - either error message or blank 'table', and resend recording results in nothing happening. LCN table (via EPG screen) is blank. The wireless dongle (removed during file transfer and firmware upgrade) is not hot as reported by others.

I am now at my wits end trying to work out what else can be wrong.

Just as an afterthought changed all LCN channel setting to 'All' on IceTV webpage - no difference - however could no seemingly get a IceTV fetch recorded on the webpage (under My Account TVguide) however when changed back to settings to match Channels on PVR - EPG fetch was achieved - just nothing displayed on TVGuide.

Any help appreciated - missing my recorded shows  >:(

Ron

raymondjpg

Quote from: abes on November 29, 2010, 10:00:26 PM

Decided time to format HDD, so copied all recorded programs to ext HDD, reset factory defaults, formatted HDD, reset factory defaults, installed latest firmware (1.00.51), setup wireless network (pinged OK), rescan channels (23 channels in Perth)- result - no difference - no IceTV Guide (FTA guide works fine) - either error message or blank 'table', and resend recording results in nothing happening. LCN table (via EPG screen) is blank. The wireless dongle (removed during file transfer and firmware upgrade) is not hot as reported by others.

I am now at my wits end trying to work out what else can be wrong.

Just as an afterthought changed all LCN channel setting to 'All' on IceTV webpage - no difference - however could no seemingly get a IceTV fetch recorded on the webpage (under My Account TVguide) however when changed back to settings to match Channels on PVR - EPG fetch was achieved - just nothing displayed on TVGuide.

Any help appreciated - missing my recorded shows  >:(

Ron

I would re-install firmware 20090317, connect hard wired, do a factory reset, HDD reformat, and setup from scratch (after restricting the IceTV EPG to one LCN for each of your channels on the Ice site).

If the Ice ping test works OK, switch off the Topfield to standby and wait at least an hour before powering on again. This should trigger Ice EPG download. Leave the machine on until EPG data has been processed.

Once you get the Ice EPG OK you can then resend any timers.

If all works then re-configure with the USB wireless dongle if that is what you prefer.

Otherwise contact Ice support is all I can suggest.

emheenan

Since my post above I've started having the same freezing and hanging problems (with no EPG and no downloaded scheduler information) that abes described.

I have the Mar 17 2009 firmware installed, so I don't think that's the problem. Given the number of people who seem to be having this problem (and extrapolating that there must be many more unreported) I don't think it's a problem with the Topfield. IceTV must have changed something that's causing us all these problems.