Waiting to be scheduled???

Started by allie181, June 15, 2010, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allie181

I purchased a wiz FV-L1 a few days ago.  It is connected to my broadband.

3 days ago I went onto icetv interactive and set a couple of shows to be recorded.  They recorded fine (1 is due to record tomorrow).

I went onto icetv interactive again last night and set a few more shows to be recorded over the next few days but they are not showing up in my timer list on my wiz (although the 1 show that I chose to be recorded 3 days ago that is due to record tomorrow is still listed).

I checked my icetv connection on the wiz and it is connected (as is WizTV) so the internet connection is obviously OK.  I also cleared the EPG cache on the wiz and then went onto ice interactive and selected 'resend all recordings' but that hasn't helped either.   

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance  ;)

prl

Timers are only transferred from IceTV to the Beyonwiz when the Beyonwiz connects to the IceTV server and exchanges data with the server. This only happens once every 30 minutes while the Beyonwiz is running. It's normal for timers not to show up immediately you set them on the IceTV Web page. I'm not sure whether that's the cause of the problem you're seeing, because it's hard to work out the timescales from your post.

When you say that the Beyonwiz can connect to IceTV, is that just from checking the connection using SETUP>Network>Ice Guide>Check User Info, or from watching the status window in SETUP>Network>Ice Guide? Do you see the IceTV Web site icons on the recordings change from the "queued" donut to the solid "scheduled" icon?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

allie181

I set the shows to record on icetv at approx 11pm last night.  I haven't turned the wiz off since so if they 'download' to the wiz eveery 30 mins or show they should have shown up by now (as it is now 3pm the following day).

I checked the wiz is connected to icetv by going into SETUP>Network>Ice Guide>Check User Info and it says "user info check successful".  Also, down the bottom of SETUP>Network>Ice Guide it says "Trying to ping" then "ping OK".

On icetv the recordings have not changed from "queued" to "scheduled".

Should I try deleting the device from icetv and reinstalling it?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I had a quick look at your account and it looks like while you have performed a check user info (and that is showing up), there has been no other requests by your Beyonwiz since the 13th (you should be able to see this under the My Account section of the website near the top of the page under last epg fetch).

First thing to check is that under the IceGuide settings that IceGuide is set to "Enable".
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

allie181

Hi Daniel,

OMG, how stupid am I?!?  I can't believe I didn't notice that the setting had somehow reverted to "disable".  I've enabled it again and my recording list has come through. 

Thanks so much.  I feel like such a goose LOL.  Oh well, at least I'll know the first thing to check if I ever have a problem again.

Thanks again.

p.s. I've only had them a few days but I already don't know how I ever lived without my PVR and IceTV  ;D

prl

Quote from: allie181 on June 15, 2010, 04:20:56 PM
Hi Daniel,

OMG, how stupid am I?!?  I can't believe I didn't notice that the setting had somehow reverted to "disable".  I've enabled it again and my recording list has come through. 
IceTV can get set to disabled on the Beyonwiz if the network is disabled, and it stays disabled when the network is re-enabled. I've been caught by that one myself.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

allie181

Oh, ok, thanks Peter.  So if I turn my wiz completely off (i.e. not just on standby) the network will be disabled won't it? which will mean icetv will disable?  Is that correct?

prl

Quote from: allie181 on June 15, 2010, 07:09:24 PM
Oh, ok, thanks Peter.  So if I turn my wiz completely off (i.e. not just on standby) the network will be disabled won't it? which will mean icetv will disable?  Is that correct?
No, turning the Beyonwiz off at the wall won't normally change settings like that. Settings are stored in flash memory at shutdown time. Switching off at the wall without going to standby first can lose changes to settings that have been made since the Beyonwiz was started.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Quote from: prl on June 15, 2010, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: allie181 on June 15, 2010, 04:20:56 PM
Hi Daniel,

IceTV can get set to disabled on the Beyonwiz if the network is disabled, and it stays disabled when the network is re-enabled. I've been caught by that one myself.
It can also be disabled just by doing a check user info.
There is an error message that comes back sometime that says illegal action or some such.
The the BW goes into Ice disable.
Re enabling the IceTV  will work from there.
So at this moment, I guess there is an abberation in the BW that ICE doesn't like occasionally.
Just needs a bit of monitoring to see the complete reaction from a check function.
BeyonWiz, T3