IceTv and Mac mini not syncing programs to be recorded

Started by kurthillary, May 03, 2010, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurthillary

Gday everyone,
I have a Mac mini with and eye tv diversity and an ice tv subscription. The problem is that I select all my programs to be recorded for the week on a sunday through ice tv. Most of the programs I select transfer over to the eye tv app with no problems. The thing is that it seems to miss a few shows. I have the eye tv app set to check ice tv every 3 hours. I have tried manually to get the programs from ice tv to the Mac mini but this selection will not work for some reason.
Does anyone have any ideas? Its starting to become a bit frustrating.
Thanks

futzle

Quote from: kurthillary on May 03, 2010, 11:17:56 AM
Most of the programs I select transfer over to the eye tv app with no problems. The thing is that it seems to miss a few shows.

Hi kurthillary,

You're going to need to narrow down the problem some more.  Is the problem confined to only certain channels?  (If yes, then it may be that you need to tell EyeTV which channel corresponds to which IceTV channel.)  Is it related to the number of simultaneous schedules?  (If yes, then it may be that EyeTV is not recording the shows because it has only two tuners.)  Is it related to the day of the week of the show you are scheduling?  Some specific examples would help a lot, because at the moment there isn't nearly enough information to even begin to identify what went wrong.

Also, which version of EyeTV you are using is always a good thing to report, as well as your OS version.

kurthillary

Hi futzle,
Thanks for the reply. Im running snow leopard on the mac and the eye tv version is 3.1.2. I did a clean install of snow leopard and the eye tv software and this is when the problem first arose. I was having no issues with it syncing before the erase and install. The problem doesnt seem to be channel related as I have a whole variety of shows from different channels which some have synced and others of the same channel have not. The programs do not clash with each other and the eyetv is set up as dual tuner. It seems to work fine with the EPG with the eye tv but seems to be a problem related to IceTv not syncing. I have tried the sync using the 1 hour, 3 hour and each day fetch and it will not work with any of them.
Thanks

futzle

Quote from: kurthillary on May 04, 2010, 03:15:20 PM
Im running snow leopard on the mac and the eye tv version is 3.1.2. I did a clean install of snow leopard and the eye tv software and this is when the problem first arose. I was having no issues with it syncing before the erase and install. The problem doesnt seem to be channel related as I have a whole variety of shows from different channels which some have synced and others of the same channel have not. The programs do not clash with each other and the eyetv is set up as dual tuner. It seems to work fine with the EPG with the eye tv but seems to be a problem related to IceTv not syncing. I have tried the sync using the 1 hour, 3 hour and each day fetch and it will not work with any of them.

Hi kurthillary,

Any reason why you are still on EyeTV 3.1.2?  The current version is 3.3.3, I think; it's what I use and it works well.  I did have some EPG problems with 3.1.x but nothing as bad as you're reporting.

You've already eliminated all the likely things that I was going to suggest.  If it were happening to me I'd probably be installing Wireshark and listening to the chatter between EyeTV and icetv.com.au.  As you've discovered, EyeTV isn't very good about telling you what it's doing while talking to IceTV.

kurthillary

Hi futzle,
I upgraded to the newest version of eye tv and it seems to be miraculously fixed. I dont know what happened but my recording schedule was up to date last time I checked so everything seems ok.

Thanks a lot for your help.

nac6

I just found a similar issue with my setup.

I am running Snow Leopard and EYETV is the latest version 3.3.3. I tried to remote schedule a series recording using the ICETV iphone app. It shows up with the Double red dots in the ICETV interactive guide. But in EYETV it is not showing up as a scheduled recording. I have tried a check now.

{UPDATE}
One of my schedules finally came through but it took many hours. Even though I have it set to update every hour and I was manually trying to update many times.

futzle

Quote from: nac6 on May 17, 2010, 05:19:45 PM
I have it set to update every hour and I was manually trying to update many times.

Yeah, this happens.  IceTV's servers will accept a connection from your IP address only if you haven't tried to connect too frequently in the recent past.  Manually updating only makes the problem worse.  EyeTV's UI doesn't inform you of this at all, so it's only some hours after you have given up in disgust that it all suddenly Just Works.