Trouble with Channel 7 updates...

Started by htial, January 28, 2009, 07:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

htial

Hello Forum Users...

I'm having a bit of a nightmare keeping Ch 7 in my EyeTV Program Guide...

I upgraded to EyeTV 3.1 and that has been quite buggy when recording Smart schedules...   ...So I went back to 3.0.4...   ...(I think 3.0.4 looks a little better too)...   ...But now Ch 7 (6) doesn't update...   ...And I keep getting server errors because of too many requests...   ...(I understand that is too many requests by me, and not server flooding)...

I do understand that some people did have a bit of trouble with 3.0.4 and the EPG not downloading with TPG (my ISP)...   ...but until EyeTV 3.1 and going back to 3.0.4 I'd never had any trouble with downloading the IceTV guide...

So I'm a little stumped...   ...I changed back to 3.1 (still being buggy) and now Ch 7 won't update there either...   ...And I'm getting the same server errors...

sydlow

I have the same problem with EyeTV 3.3

aj200007

Hi. I have Eye 3.3.2 on Mac 10.6.2 and Channel 7 (Sydney) has disappeared. This happened couple of weeks back and can't remember if linked to the s/w update.  Signal strength is good but after repeated scans, Channel 7 will not appear in the channel list. Is this the same issue you are having?

htial

That was a long time ago and I can't remember how I fixed it.  Sorry.

Ch7 have just done an update in the last few days and this may be causing you problems.  I usually try a complete shutdown of my computer, power down the hard drives I uses to store EyeTV recordings, start up again and launch EyeTV without the storage drives on.  If you record to an external drive instead of your computers hard drive you'll need that powered up so EyeTV doesn't shit itself.  One you've done that do a rescan.

This usually works for me with the latest version of EyeTV.

- - Htial...