wiz lost go and win

Started by shale_ii, April 06, 2010, 08:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shale_ii

Hi all
This is probably a wiz problem rather than an ice one- but I never got activation back from the wiz forum so thought I'd ask here...
On Sunday I started the wiz dpp2 to change the time for daylight savings. There had been a blackout during the night- don't know if that's relevant. All was fine until I noticed that both GO and Win were showing as blank and "no signal". I rescanned channels but neither of these appeared. I did the whole reset to factory settings, turned it off at the wall, went through set up again, scanned channels- still no Go or Win- everything else works fine. Win is veiwable on my TV with the wiz off- (but not go as it is digital and the TV isn't)- which makes me think it isn't the aerial. I have rescanned channels a number of times but no luck- most of my viewing is on Go  :-[. I live in the Orange area, NSW. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?
Thank you for your time.

blip

I am receiving WIN and Go from Mt Canobolas with no problems at the moment with a DP-S1.

shale_ii

Thanks blip. At least I now know the problem definately at my end... I'm in Cowra but I don't suppose that makes much difference.

prl

Quote from: shale_ii on April 06, 2010, 08:39:52 PM
Thanks blip. At least I now know the problem definately at my end... I'm in Cowra but I don't suppose that makes much difference.
There are lots of differences between transmitter sites. The Cowra transmitters are a pretty wimpy 15W. The Mt Canoblas (Central Tablelands) transmitters are hulking great 570kW monsters, though they're ~60km from Cowra.

Maybe you've got duplicate reception from the two transmitter sites, and are using the weaker of the two signals for WIN. Have a look at the Scanning for Services FAQ on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

shale_ii

Thank you for the information prl. I've just rescanned the channels for the upteenth time and WIN and GO popped back up, finally- perhaps it was a local (Cowra) issue? That's an interesting article- I don't get duplicates for WIN or GO so that wasn't the problem, but still good info to know. I'm just glad GO is back. Thanks very much for your help prl and blip.