Daylight Saving Drama

Started by bushwalker, April 05, 2010, 07:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwalker

This is really bad! I've never seen such a mess before. After the clock went back one hour on Sunday all my scheduling went wrong, especially for those shows (or series) that were scheduled before the daylight savings change. I'm using IceTV guide for Windows 7. Re-sending IceTV guide data didn't help. I had to cancel each show and schedule it again to get it fixed.
Is this IceTV problem? I think it is. >:(

tvmandan

I had the same problem. On sunday, monday and tuesday this week there were a number of anomalies in that there were extra shows scheduled to record that I didn't set to record. It was as if IceTV sent a recording time that was wrong due to daylight savings and Windows 7 Media Center set a recording for the show that was in the "wrong time" sent by IceTV.

autefrum

I have a  topfield TF7100HDPVRt. Instead of setting the time manually, I get it to use NTP, and set a "hours from GMT Offset". You can't tell the topfield to change this automatically when DST starts and ends.

However, on Sunday morning, after daylight savings time had ended, my unit should have recorded Insiders - but it did not as I had not changed the offset from GMT.  I had set this to record on the topfield, not on Ice TV, so this problem was the topfields fault (or mine for not changing the time zone before 9am Sunday morning) - not Ice TV's fault.

So I changed the time offset to move off DST, and all of my scheduled recordings that were set by IceTV were off by one hour.  I've just deleted all futire recordings off the Topfield, then gone in to IceTV and modified each series recording I had set up, resaved them, hopefully this will make them all get re-loaded to the Topfield again.

It appears that the IceTV stores times just as an hour and minutes, NOT with a time zone, which (if true) would be the root cause of this problem.

tonymy01

No, ICE stores as UTC based.   The issue is that the PVR adds the current GMT offset at the time of the reception of the data from ICE.  So if your PVR was set to +11hours, it would have added 11hours to the ICE data, making the timers 1hour later than they should have been.   Well, this is certainly how it behaved for the Beyonwiz anyway.   All timers were for 1hour later than they should be (for the shows where ICE didn't muck up the transition themselves, for those ones they were 2 hours out, and a repeat timer an hour earlier when ICE must have realised their mistake).  If you didn't change your clock, then they would have recorded at the right time, but of course if you fixed your clock but didn't fix the timer, they would have recorded at the wrong time.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

chaosr1

I am having major dramas myself, I have 3 machines and they are all showing incorrect programming data and I now have shows recording that I have not set.
Resend data won't work and unless ICE have a fix by the weekend I will have to do a reset of the epg data.

Bluesuede

Well I was aware of the daylight savings issues with my Topfield 7100 so on Sunday I reset the time offet and deleted all the recording timers. I then resent all recordings.

Problem avoided, right?

Nope! Last night, it recorded an hour early - Comedy festival instead of Supernatural. Luckily I caught it in time when I saw a file being recorded labelled for the Comedy Festival, thought "What the?", saw Supernatural was on next and not scheduled and kicked off a recording manually. I assumed there was a last minute programming change, didn't check it and thought nothing further of it.

Tonight it didn't record 24 - again the recordings were all out. I've got another one scheduled for later tonight and the timer is right and the guide is right so I guess we'll see if it records. I'm going to have to monitor it carefully.

What gives?

Adrian3

Still no posts from IceTV staff!  I think they owe us some kind of apology/excuse/grovelling - assuming they want people to renew their subscriptions. I'm sure the EIT over the air data would have coped with the daylight savings issue.

tonymy01

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

melmac

Every since the Daylight savings drama I have had phantom recordings appear I'm on VMC :( I cleared the first lot that turned up and figured that would be it but now a new lot have appeared. Most annoying, I'm going to clear all the tasks in that appdata folder check everythings right in interactive and then resend tasks hopefully that will stop the problem :( It shouldn't be this hard

tonymy01

make sure if you clear on the unit, that you can see it is clear in interactive also.
Regards
Tony