7 and 7HD out of sync - from Sunday 4/4/2010

Started by GlenR, April 01, 2010, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

The guide listings for 7 and 7HD are out of sync from Sunday 4/4/2010. Programs on 7 are listed as 2 hours after those on 7HD. eg - News is on at 6:00PM on 7HD and 8:00PM on 7. I have downloaded the latest listings to be sure.

Happening on both Vista and Win7 Media Center. I suspect it has something to do with the end of daylight saving early on Sunday morning as this is when the error starts.

bodogbodog

I'm experiencing the same issue on the Win7 version of Interactive
Any update on this one?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Guides have been updated, and if you update the guide now you should see the updated information.

It also looks like this only affected 7HD in Sydney (along with the 7HD Sydney versions in both Wollongong and Central Coast) and Adelaide, other regions were fine.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

bodogbodog

Just did a guide update but the news is showing as starting at 8pm on 7 and 7HD from Sunday evening onwards
Don't think it's all fixed yet...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

GlenR

Downloaded the guide and now 7HD and 7 are in sync, but both look to be two hours out? Seven news is listed as on at 8PM each night from Sunday onwards. Other channels seem correct. I think the problem was with 7 not 7HD...

GlenR

Just checkled the guide this morning - Channel 10 seems to be an hour out as of Sunday also...

tonymy01

It seems that ICE mucked up Ten and Seven on early Sunday when it comes to setting interactive timers at least, but now the guide is fine.   This is evidenced by my PVR having 2 timers for each show on adjacent timeslots.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

DDH

I just did another guide update and now moving forward to Tuesday the 7pm project on Ch 10 is at 9pm, the Ch 7 and 7HD news is at 8pm.  Seems broken from Sunday.

I'm in Adelaide by the way.

dion

DDH

The interactive guide looks OK for the shows I'm checking.  Given that I've just forced a download why the difference, is there some post processing somewhere?

tonymy01

There is definitely post processing of sorts.   As the guide ICE sends is in GMT, but when you are looking at it, you are looking at it in some kind of local time.   Of course which unit you view the guide with will be the difference between the way it displays the data being done poorly, or well.
e.g. Beyonwiz simply adds the *current* GMT offset to the EIT guide data to display it to you.   Thus is out by an hour after the transition until you fix your GMT offset.   A better unit would look up tzdata and determine DST date/time transition and apply the correct offset on the fly, rather than the current offset.

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

DDH

Hmm, still broken this morning.  Time for a support call I think.

DDH

The problem is now fixed.  All that is required is a firced update, ie "Now" from the EPG tab in the interactive client.