Anyone else lost today's timers??

Started by JPP, February 16, 2010, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

I've just turned on my Toppy 2400 and noticed that all of tonight's timers and a couple, but not all, of the next two days' timers have been deleted from the Reservation list. Never happened before, so before I go and blame the Toppy, has anyone else seen the same thing? These timers have been there for at least the last 4 days, so they must have been removed during the last hour or so as that's the View timer slot I have set up to catch new timers.

Edit: It's now 10 min later and all timers have reappeared after I did a resend from the ICETV web page. Prior to my resending of the timers, the My Upcoming Shows page on ICETV showed todays' timers and the other couple of missing timers as having been sent so all looked normal there. It was only when I just happened to check my reservations on the Toppy's web page that I noticed the missing timers.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

JPP

Well, no one has come back with any findings/corroborations so the issue remains unresolved. PVR proponents would have it that it's ICETV at fault as no one else appears to have suffered the same problem (inc those that run ICETV). If it is, then that would leave the issue to being either an individual ICETV account at fault, or the individual PVR. Who knows. I'll be monitoring this issue very closely over the next few weeks - as I said above, it's never happened to me before....
Phil.

jorkrim

I had the same symptoms, but it was because my girlf had disconnected our ADSL modem.

tonymy01

Wow??  So it actively deleted the timers, or simply stopped getting them to the PVR and so the week's (well, 5 days) worth ran out?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

JPP

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 18, 2010, 11:31:54 AM
Wow??  So it actively deleted the timers, or simply stopped getting them to the PVR and so the week's (well, 5 days) worth ran out?
Yes, it actively removed them from the PVR - they had been there for a couple of days prior to that. The EPG was fine btw - no gaps or mishaps there and other timers were unaffected - just the three timers for that day. The My Shows web page showed them as having been sent sucessfully when they were first sent, and continued to do so even when the timers were removed.

I'm currently monitoring another couple of timers which continue not to be sent, even though later days' timers have been sent and appear on the Toppy. There are currently no errors that have come back from the PVR, so why these two timers are failling to be sent is a mystery to me.
Phil.