Is 3.0.0.8 playing with padding for MCE based recordings?

Started by DDH, January 24, 2010, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDH

Has anyone else seen this?

While 3.0.0.8 seems to have sorted out padding issues for shows setup in IceTV Intereactive it seems to have done something strange to series setup on the MCE itself.  Since 3.0.0.8 my 1/2 hour shows for the News and Simpsons with local pre padding of "3 minutes where possible" from the defaults, and 5 minutes and 15 minutes hard padding (not where possible) have had another 1/2 hour added to them.

My theory is that IceTV Interactive is reading the local MCE recording and adding the default "30 minutes where possible" post padding as additional hard padding.  The problem did not exist before 3.0.0.8.  If my theory is correct why would it even be touching a recording set on the MCE itself.  Keen to get some more thoughts before logging this one.

Anyone else seen this?  Anyone else prepared to test a local series recording and see if they get extra padding.

bodogbodog

My 7pm ABC news test with 30 minutes post padding (set up pre 3.0.0.8 on the Media Center - I don't use Interactive ) reveals that is indeed what happens with it - it records for 60 mins in total
Not sure what happened to my requested 5 mins prepadding though
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

DDH

lukem

Yep it is and is corrected in 3.0.0.9 (being tested right now for release in a day or so...)

DDH

Luke thank you for the confirmation and commitment to rectifying the issue.  I shall wait on 3.0.0.9 and see how we go from there.