No info for SC10

Started by linduc, January 01, 2010, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linduc

Hi All,

I hope someone can help please. I am using a P1 andhave never received any info for SC10. Although it is listed on the guide, no info at all is present. I live in the Newcastle area and receive all data for al other chanels inc 7Two. Any ideas?

tonymy01

Yep, do you have duplicates?  If you have duplicates, this usually breaks things guide wise.   See the beyonwiz forums for more info, or do a search on these forums for duplicate EPG beyonwiz
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Do you have any duplicate services in your full list of services? Press LIST on the remote, then BLUE for all services.

If you have no duplicates in the service list, what settings on the IceTV My Acount>TV Guide do you have for the LCNs for SC10 and ONE HD? Do you get IceTV guide info for One HD?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

linduc

HI Guys,
Thanks for you responses, I think I have found the problem. Given that the "Central Caost" is the closest to Newcastle, I selected this zone. Apon closer inspection though, I see that my SC TEN is broadcast on chanel 55 and this is not listed in the EPG. How can I fix this problem?

prl

Do you have SC10 on LCN 5 as well as LCN 55? If you do, use that one in your favorites instead of LCN 55. If not, you'll probably need to talk to IceTV. Central Coast certainly seems to be the logical regional information for you to be using.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

As Peter said, when you say "55" are you talking about RF frequency, or LCN?   As ICE doesn't care what frequency you receive it on, ICE maps the data to LCNs and the Wiz takes this and feeds it into the channels on the Wiz.   If you look at the ICE account settings page, you can see pulldowns next to each channel, this will show you the channel number/s that ICE supports, and is considered the norm for regional and capital areas.    I remember when Ten SD used to be on LCN1 and LCN10, so many people had LCN1 mapped out to the EPG (this is with the SD Toppy using TED/S etc).   I had LCN10 because this made most sense, and is what Ten advertised generally.   Sure enough, they moved 1 to HD.   And recently, they mucked about with the channels again when "One" came along, moving TenSD from 11 to 12 for One Digital, and having a shortcut/alias to One on 11.    So the generally accepted practice is OneHD on 1, OneSD on 12, Ten on 10.    Ten also has shortcuts to 11 and other channel numbers, but ICE only normally maps to the generally accepted one, unless you get a choice with that pulldown in the ICE account settings page.

And.... back to duplicates (I mean you have two LCN5s for example), this is bad, it means you are receiving SC from two locations, both with the same channel info IDs in the streams.   The Wiz tends to only datafill the first lot, which could mean you have blanks if you have deleted the wrong channels in the Wiz, or don't have them in your favourites group.    So triple check all the channels you have by getting out of the favourites group (the list key in live viewing) and make sure you don't have duplicates and make sure you understand which channels each broadcaster is sending.   If there is even *one* duplicate you forgot to delete, this will mean the Wiz will still not be datafilling the second lot of channels.

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

55 won't be the broadcast channel. Channel 55 isn't used for digital broadcasts from any of the three Newcastle area transmitters, Mt Sugarloaf, Kotara or Merewether. SC10 Digital broadcasts on channel 51 (690.5 MHz) from all three sites, presumably as a Single Frequency Network.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

blip

Here in Orange LCN 55 is a duplicate of LCN 5.

prl

Quote from: blip on January 01, 2010, 08:34:41 PM
Here in Orange LCN 55 is a duplicate of LCN 5.
I think that's likely the case in linduc's case in Newcastle, too.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

linduc

Hi All,
Thanks so much for all your help. Yes it is a duplicate and I have now fixed the problem.