Formula 1 - Canadian Grand Prix

Started by whitford, June 26, 2006, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitford

Arrgghhhh guys.... I think you guys need really to discuss regarding quality control! I missed a whole 1 hour and 30 minutes of canadian grand prix last night. The guide only recorded it for 1 hour only!!. A mistake like like should not happen on a paid service. - i've got 2 rig, and both of them are the same. Pls pls... don't make anymore mistakes especially on a sport events... Thanks...

richardnau

Canadian GP recorded 100% fine for me using ICE data. Got everything from start to finish (5 min pad at start and 20 minute pad at end added by JustEPG).

Sorry you missed some of it. Not a great race.

pvogel

Sorry to hear that something has gone wrong. We have a sizable team who write the guide (5 staff) and although they make their best efforts it's a huge task and errors can slip through. We find that even the networks get it wrong and there have been times our guid eis more accurate than their own.

We have created this new section in our forum so that users can alert us to any problems quickly and we can keep improving the quality.

So if you do notice something fishy in the guide when you're browsing, please let us know.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

mtb

Hi Peter,

I too lost the end (though it wasn't that great a race by all accounts) of the F1.  No sweat though, Ice is still a damned sight more accurate than the printed alternatives usually are, given the frequency of changes.

Perhaps you could add an attribute to your systems which applies minimum length attributes to a title and flags a warning when things go below e.g. the typical F1 should be two hours or more.  Just a thought.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP