Pre Padding

Started by ragracing, December 21, 2009, 10:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragracing

I am having issues with padding.  Since the errors in 3.0.0.5 where it padded the end to 15 hours instead of 15 minutes now in version 3.0.0.7 we have no padding at the beginning and 15 minutes at the end?  If you restart you get the padding at the beginning but after a while you no longer get it?  Anybody else having this problem?

I have the default isn media centre set to 3 minutes at the beginning and 15 minutes at the end?

Help this is very annoying and causing me to miss the beginning of shows and have a very angry Wife! :'(

tvmandan

I have noticed this also and have sent a message to tech support.

ragracing

I have changed my clock on the PC to 3 minutes faster and disabled the time check from the internet so that I get some pre padding to the shows!

Hope this hint might help some people around this problem for the moment  :-\

cam

Me too, if you wanted confirmation of the bug.  I don't have a fix though, and am wishing that I kept the old installers so I could roll back.

I tried switching off interactive mode in my account settings (I just use IceTV for EPG data, and let Win7 manage the recordings).  Did that last night, and still got no pre-pad when recording the 6-o-clock news tonight.
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

dtb

Same problem here!  Hopefully fixed soon.

tonymy01

Aha, I have noticed a few of my SBS recordings since the latest update don't have pre-padding, with the show starting immediately (a good thing :-)).   But if I set pre-padding, I want it, there are times the networks decide to pull a swifty and start early, so I really would prefer this to be working.   Mind you, the media centre is the 3rd device I have in a bunch of PVRs, so not all that important for me, but I can see how some would be annoyed right now!
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Nudge

Same issues here with pre-padding, a bit hit and miss on v3.0.0.7. Post padding seems Ok.

bodogbodog

Yes- thought it was just me - but it seems not - no prepadding happening after the recent "upgrade"
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

bodogbodog

Still having the padding problem - both pre and post
Are others experiencing the same issues?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

tonymy01

Getting plenty of post, no pre.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

bodogbodog

Tony
Interesting you're on a Wiz right? - so it's wider than the Win7 Interactive client

ragracing

I have gone back to Version 3.0.0.4 and for the last 3 to 4 days have had pre padding no worries.

Hello ICE TV are you there??  ???

tonymy01

The Wiz padding is fine (it is completely independent to ICE, so in no way is impacted by ICE, it is soft padding added by the PVR to all timers it has stored, regardless of origin).  I have a Wiz and a home PC with digital USB tuner, I occasionally record stuff on the media centre to watch on the PC.
Regards
Tony

bodogbodog

Check out post 3 in this thread - http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2261.msg11408#msg11408

Apparently there's a new version due out in the next day or so - guess we get to do more beta testing...