Series record - Error Occurred

Started by MichaelWRX, November 19, 2009, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelWRX

Having trouble as a 1st time user on a Beyonwiz trying to set a series.

No issue setting a single show via Interactive. Set Simpsons for tonite and it moved from scheduled to set on the BW and shows as a solid red dot in My Up Coming Shows.

Issue is I have also tried to set Nip Tuck and The Apprentice (both for Monday 23rd at 9.30pm) and both at next Beyonwiz check show the Error Icon (Orange Triangle).

Anyone from IceTV able to tell me why this is happening? My username is my forum name if you wanted to have a look at my account.

thks

prl

When I refreshed my Upcoming Shows Web page about 15 minutes ago, all my scheduled series recordings flipped from the normal "scheduled series recording" icon to the "Danger, Will Robinson!" yellow triangle. I'm not at home at the moment, but I'll check my timers list on my Beyonwiz when I get home. The Widget is still showing the "scheduled series recording" icon for my recordings.

Unfortunately the Web page interface is most unhelpful about the cause of an error.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MichaelWRX

Ok I sorted out the Error Icon as I had manual timers for those two shows in the BW earlier. Deleted them and so far the Nip Tuck timer has come across but not the Apprentice. On the Interactive My Upcoming Shows are still showing as red dots with a black centre dot (scheduled) not pushed.

Is there any issue with IceTv sending a recording timer for two shows at the same time?

prl

Quote from: prl on November 19, 2009, 05:49:26 PM
When I refreshed my Upcoming Shows Web page about 15 minutes ago, all my scheduled series recordings flipped from the normal "scheduled series recording" icon to the "Danger, Will Robinson!" yellow triangle. I'm not at home at the moment, but I'll check my timers list on my Beyonwiz when I get home. The Widget is still showing the "scheduled series recording" icon for my recordings.

Unfortunately the Web page interface is most unhelpful about the cause of an error.

This was down to PEBKAC.

Thanks to David at IceTV support for helping sort it out. I had changed my region config from ACT to Sydney to try something out, and I forgot to set it back. Nothing to do with the MichaelWRX's problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: MichaelWRX on November 19, 2009, 08:41:05 PM
Ok I sorted out the Error Icon as I had manual timers for those two shows in the BW earlier. Deleted them and so far the Nip Tuck timer has come across but not the Apprentice. On the Interactive My Upcoming Shows are still showing as red dots with a black centre dot (scheduled) not pushed.

Is there any issue with IceTv sending a recording timer for two shows at the same time?

It can take up to half an hour for the Beyonwiz to synchronise with IceTV. You can see how much time is left to go by going to SETUP>Network>IceTV and liiking at the IceTV status panel.

There is no problem with setting two shows at the same time from IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MichaelWRX

Quote from: prl on November 19, 2009, 09:29:10 PM
Quote from: MichaelWRX on November 19, 2009, 08:41:05 PM

It can take up to half an hour for the Beyonwiz to synchronise with IceTV. You can see how much time is left to go by going to SETUP>Network>IceTV and liiking at the IceTV status panel.

There is no problem with setting two shows at the same time from IceTV.

Thanks but this has been like this for a couple of hours. Done that. Still doesn't get the Apprentice one come across. Am I best to delete all recordings and start again?

prl

Are the two shows that you are having problems with the ones that you deleted manually?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MichaelWRX

Update.

Well both the timers have now come across and show on the timer list. The Ice page however only shows one (without the black dot in the red circle) as coming acorss whilst the other is queued - not sure of this issue.

prl

Quote from: MichaelWRX on November 20, 2009, 08:54:21 AM
Update.

Well both the timers have now come across and show on the timer list. The Ice page however only shows one (without the black dot in the red circle) as coming acorss whilst the other is queued - not sure of this issue.
Ever since the release of the new version of Interactive in July, I have been having intermittent problems where timers are sent to my Beyonwiz correctly, but the icon stays stuck on "queued" when the timer is sent, it never goes to "scheduled". I'm assuming that that's what you've seen: both timers have been sent, but one icon has switched to "scheduled" and the other has stayed as the "queued" donut.

This shouldn't happen, but it sounds like what I still get it occasionally.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MichaelWRX

Exactly. Thanks. Will keep an eye out. The earlier problem was that one of the two timers had come across but the other hadn't even after several hours. I installed the Widget last night and it doesn't show this black dot in the red circle so I assume the widget works ok.

Thanks for the replies.

prl

Quote from: MichaelWRX on November 20, 2009, 09:22:04 AM
... I installed the Widget last night and it doesn't show this black dot in the red circle so I assume the widget works ok.
The widget display doesn't distinguish between "queued" and "scheduled" recordings. I don't know why. Pretty silly IMO.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use