Discussion of Beta IceTV Interactive for Windows 7 being available

Started by jaswah, October 23, 2009, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaswah

rec

rmn

The preset padding in Record is only 2 minutes before or after. The default EPG gives up to 30 minutes each side that I have tried. 2 minutes is not enough.

so_bored8008

OMG! I gotta go change my pants..... then install the beta  ;)

wjd85

Good work guys at ICE, been waiting for this to setup my media centre.

bboyle

Quote from: rmn on October 23, 2009, 04:11:59 PM
The preset padding in Record is only 2 minutes before or after. The default EPG gives up to 30 minutes each side that I have tried. 2 minutes is not enough.

yeah, noticed the same. I can't change the padding after to anything more than 2 mins (can decrease it to 1 ok).
I don't really know how to tell if it's working (there's guide data, but I already had guide data from the earlier script), but all installed ok and looks good.

so_bored8008

same, my padding maximum seems to be 2min

The epg is all working, so is everything else, now i'm just waiting for the Interactive info to come through with my shows so media centre will start recording them.... 10min without anything tho.

EDIT! Just realised i have to reschedual all my recordings for WIN7!  Is there any way to just copy them from vista to win7?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: rmn on October 23, 2009, 04:11:59 PM

Yes, this is true, and I have added it to the list of 'Not Working Yet' above, at this stage it is a limitation in the SDK that's being used to schedule recordings, but we will be looking at options to get this to be a more sane amount for padding.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dJOS

Whats the verdict on this guy's?

Frankly I'm reluctant to try it as I never found the Vista version to be reliable (unlike XPMCE which was) - I was forever having exclamation marks appear along side shows etc and so just used VMC's own series record function with a little help from WebGuide. The lack of hard padding support was also a major PITA as my machine has 4 tuners to facilitate proper padding.

atm im using BigScreen EPG + IceGuide which also enables the additional metadata and channel logos in place of names. (which is awesome!)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

so_bored8008

If you're looking for reliability, I would say the safe bet is to avoid it while it's in Beta at the very least.

mr_gimlet

On the padding issue, can the interactive padding be disabled and use the WMC defaults?

My workaround is to record the next programme, nothing on 7/9/10 ever finishes on time. GO is generally quite good.

rmn

Quote from: mr_gimlet on October 26, 2009, 09:56:48 AM
On the padding issue, can the interactive padding be disabled and use the WMC defaults?
Good idea. The Windows7 MC padding for recording is very good.

ozsmac

Any chance at all we can we get an update as soon as possible to either fix or disable padding.  I upgraded to the beta from the old webget & now find I'm missing 10 minutes of some shows as it seems to be "the new black" for Australian stations to run over by 10 minutes during peak times.

If you can give us a process to temp disable the padding feature of the beta that would also work!

Many thanks.

so_bored8008

I rekon they should just cut shows off that run too long...pretty sure that would entice them to stick to the schedule