A bit confused...

Started by bunnybash, October 26, 2009, 08:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnybash

How is it that with IceTV being a paid for service and windows 7 having been around for months now that IceTV is not ready for windows 7?

just a bit baffled...

My HTPC has 7 on it, and I am quite dissappointed that I cannot really record anything and know that it will work because the service I am paying for is not ready!!

very strange!

so_bored8008

Ice never said it would support Windoes7 upon it's release....... everyone's just making assumptions....

You're not paying for win7 interactive anyways, you're paying for all of the functionality that ice currently offers, if that's not what your interested in then you should cancel your subscription until they can offer you what you really want.

That being said, I foolishly upgraded to Windows7 about a month ago and just expected Ice to support it, I was so wrecked when I realized that it didn't. But I'm happy to report that the Beta is running very nicely, even with it's little problems I'm happy to say that it hasn't missed a single show that I've scheduled. So maybe you won't have to cancel that subscription after all  :D

ozsmac

Ice actually had a beta solution for Windows 7 going back many many months, i was running with the RC builds.  It was based on webget & worked without a hitch (mind you it didn't provide the interactive services that this new beta provides).

so_bored8008

that was just for ice EPG data.....he's talking about Interactive....

I mean, whats the point of EPG alone when it's sent inline now anyways? Cept for some slight differences here and there.

grcassidy

I still use some programs that don't work properly on Vista - They say they support xp so they support xp.

IceTV have not said that they support 7MC, so any service that you have paid for has been for xp or Vista. Full stop.

Having said that, it is in IceTV's best interest to fully support 7MC because they will loose business if they don't. I’m sure that they are aware of that.

I hope this is the last thread I read about this issue

logzy

Pre and Post padding can only be set via the application to a maximum of 2 mins, this is a limitation in the way the timers are created in Media Center, we are looking at options for future version.

The way i see it is that this needs to be fixed ASAP with the way the stations run over at the moment.
Although you state its a limitation in the way MC7 timers are created i wonder about this as the padding can be set to higher values in MC7 therefore its not MC7 thats the problem its IceTV Interactive.

Hopefully this is sorted sooner rather than later given that IceTV is a paid service.  Basically its useless at the moment when you loose the last 10 mins of a recording.

so_bored8008

Quote from: grcassidy on October 27, 2009, 05:00:57 PM
I still use some programs that don't work properly on Vista - They say they support xp so they support xp.

IceTV have not said that they support 7MC, so any service that you have paid for has been for xp or Vista. Full stop.

Having said that, it is in IceTV's best interest to fully support 7MC because they will loose business if they don't. I’m sure that they are aware of that.

I hope this is the last thread I read about this issue

Haha, so true! But i get this feeling they their all working very hard on it. It's just that their PR is absolutely shocking.....they need to gradually leak information to their users so they feel like there's progress being made. Not just do everything behind closed doors them plonk it down all at once.