Ice recordings booked to 2nd Beyonwiz not being sent/uploaded.

Started by qbclas, October 25, 2009, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbclas

Yesterday, I successfully (they recognize each other) added a Beyonwiz P2 to my P1 network.  Added a 2nd device to my IceTv subscription and book separate programs to be recorded to the individual PVRs. Having done all that pretty much without a hitch, the IceTV upload/fetch of the booked programs to my P2 is not working (Not an issue with the P1). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may have failed to do correctly, be it in either the Wiz settings, the Ice settings (or both)?   One clue is that if the P1 is turned off and the P2 is turned on when the fetch is sent, the programs booked to the P1 will actually go to the P2.(but the P2 bookings do not). If they are both turned on, then the P1 bookings are sent to the P1 and the P2 bookings are not sent anywhere.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

tonymy01

Did you go thru and check your account settings in the Wiz, there is an option to check?   If that fails, then did you setup your IP correctly, did you do DHCP (which normally gets all the correct parameters, and you usually don't have to do anything else) or did you put in IP addresses manually?  If the second, can you ping it from a PC on the same network?  If you can do that, but the ICE check fails, then it is probably either your gateway or DNS settings are not setup correctly.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

qbclas

Thanks for your response Tony.
If , in my post I gave the impression that Ice TV was not working at all on my P2, I apologize.  Ice EPG is up and running on the P2 without a hitch.  
What my issue is, is the inability of my P2 to receive bookings on IceTV designated specifically to it (the 2nd Device).  Ice sends the bookings for the P1 to the P1 as always but not the P2 bookings to the P2 (however, as reported earlier the P1 bookings did go to the P2 when the P2 was on and the P1 was on standby at the time of the send cycle). How is Ice supposed to tell which one is which? I did not find a way to designate separate IP address settings for individual devices on the Ice site when I set up the 2nd device.
Any further suggestions?

thanks again.  

tonymy01

You have to tell it which device the timer goes to in the interactive screens for the series recording/keyword/whatever (which I think you are already doing).   You can set a timer for a specific device, or for all devices.   I was a bit confused I guess by your original description, sorry about that, I thought you weren't getting anything at your new device.   When you setup the ICE in the Wiz, you have to choose the device in the Wiz EPG settings.   This is how ICE knows who you are.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

qbclas

Fantastic!!
Select Device in the Wiz Ice Guide settings. That's what was escaping my attention.  Went in again, clicked on 'Beyonwiz' option and 'Beyonwiz P1' and 'Beyonwiz P2'
both became available to select.  selected P2 on the P2,  P1 on the P1 and problem evaporated.

Thanks a heap Tony.