Timers Queing but not Really...

Started by A_G, October 05, 2009, 08:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_G

I have just had a program show up as queued on Interactive (fully red circle) but the timer is not being sent to the PVR. It looks like the reason for this is too many timers ont the PVR. So it should show up as an error...

Has anyone else had problems with errors not showing properly on Interactive?

prl

Quote from: A_G on October 05, 2009, 08:29:59 PM
I have just had a program show up as queued on Interactive (fully red circle) but the timer is not being sent to the PVR. It looks like the reason for this is too many timers ont the PVR. So it should show up as an error...

Has anyone else had problems with errors not showing properly on Interactive?
If you think that it might be a problem caused by having too many timers on your PVR, stating the number of timers you have, and the PVR brand and model could be useful :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

A_G

No, the problem is with Ice saying the program has been queued when it should have come back as an error. I have had suspicions of a few of these since the Interactive upgrade but haven't really nailed it down until last night. Was curious if anyone else had noticed it?..?

For reference, the PVR is a TF7100. There were already two timers set on the PVR which is why this new program couldn't set a timer.

prl

Oh. You meant too many timers for overlapping programs. I read your original post as being about too many timers altogether (no free slots in the timer table). You should normally get an error if you try to schedule (say) three simultaneous recordings on a dual tuner. But as I understand it, IceTV doesn't detect this for PVRs. It depends on the PVR telling it that the attempt to set the timer failed.

I'm also not sure about you saying "queued on Interactive (fully red circle)". You get the filled in dot for scheduled recordings (timer sent to the PVR). You get the donut icon for queued recordings (recording will be made, but timer yet not sent to the PVR). Errors like too many simultaneous recordings are only detected when IceTV tries to send the timer to the PVR. If there's an error you should get the warning triangle instead of the filled in red dot when the PVR sends an error respons back to IceTV..

Last week I was having some problems with getting the warning triangle, or the recording staying stuck on the donut/queued icon when the timer had actually been sent successfully (Beyonwiz PVR). Perhaps a fix for that has caused some other problems (since I resent all my timers after the DST changeover, I haven't had the problem of inconsistency between my PVR timers and IceTV).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing