IceTV is so good! It should be endorsed by Free TV ;)

Started by Dormant, August 15, 2007, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dormant

Hey Guys,

IceTv's one touch recording, EPG and Program information that is saved when you record shows; makes the crisp HD quality programs that you can save and burn onto DVD (or Blu-Ray, if you are so inclined) so satisifying! Thank you for making TV a better entertainment platform!

P.S. If the ads on free to air are good and enjoyable, I still watch them. So the advertisers only need to feel threatened when they broadcast poorly voiced over US adds - remember the Tic-tac add? Great - Huh?

Marc

Thanks for the feedback. I agree re ads. I watch good ones too!

That "illegal" comment might be a little too close to home! At least give us a few weeks after the court win before cracking jokes like that! ;)

Dormant

Hehe. I think the whole initial "EPG" issue in Australia was not in the best interests of TV audiences or advertisers, and considering the ease of availabilty of EPG's in other countries, it put Australia technologically behind the other countries. Media Centre was delayed in Aus due to the fact there was not an EPG available at the time of initial distribution. I am happy that some networks are showing their "Blockbuster" shows as soon as they are released in the US (Heroes) and not waiting untill six months later, when you have already found out what happened in the next season accidentally on the internet.

IceTV and EPG's broaden a networks audience, as you can now record "Battlestar Gallactica" when it is screened at 11:30 at night, instead of buying the season on DVD and totally bypassing all the advertising. By allowing the recording of TV to view later, every timeslot is "Prime Time". The networks could then increase advertising fees for shows, based on the content of the program and its viewer ratings! This could also nurture developing programs who rely on audience ratings and timeslots to survive (farscape). Maybe then, quizmaniacs, could the networks find something worthwile to replace the Mint, the view ...

Dormant

P.S I like the review you guys have for Nightline!  ;D