Melbourne EPG data

Started by berlinchair, October 04, 2009, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berlinchair

Hi
On my Topfield, the EPG data (reading it off TED'S listings.xml file) is still showing GMT offset as +1000, rather than +1100 as it should be now we are in daylight savings..... causing my Topfield (and me) to get all confused about what time things are showing...... please fix!!
berlinchair

Mitch IceGuide

Try the technical thread please .......

The IceGuide is fine. Please keep in mind when you're demanding for us to fix things that are not our responsibility, we probably will anyway. Cos we're like that :)

Gary

But while you are here - did you check our PC is now on DST?

berlinchair

righto......
yes PC is on DST with correct time....
so can someone explain how come the xml data harvested by TED shows the GST offset as +1000??
I have checked everything else, all is set as it should be and when looking at the xml and TGD files generated the times are correct but the offset is not, so I'm buggered if I can figure out where else the problem would be
Thanks

tonymy01

I am looking at my XML from ICE here, and which field contains the GMT offset, none of the info in mine carries that?   Are you sure this isn't something TED did wrong?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

berlinchair

Tony
Dunno, that is what I am trying to figure out!!
From memory (not in front of my pc at the moment) when I looked at the start time, it listed as something like '200910051730 +1000' implying to me 17:30 on 5/10/09 with a GMT offset of 1000hrs.  I was wondering whether TED does anything to the listings.xml prior to it being saved in the 'Data' directory, or whether it just does a straight read off the ICE servers.
In the good old days I could have asked this question on the topfield-australia forums and had a good chance of sorting it out but sadly that time has passed.
Thanks

tonymy01

My listings.xml looks like this:
<programme start="20091004130000 +0000" stop="20091004150000 +0000" channel="3">

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

blip

How did you adjust your PCs time to daylight saving time? If you just manually changed the time then that could be your problem as the offset from UTC on the computer will still be +10 and it appears TED uses this offset. If the PC auto adjusted the time for daylight saving this won't be your problem.

berlinchair

Tony - OK, different to what mine is generating, as where yours says +0000, mine is saying +1000 - may be related to it being an old version of TED

blip - hmmm, you might be onto something there, I noticed it hadn't changed the time itself so just changed it myself...... may have shot myself in the foot!!!
Thanks for your help, people, will report back once I have checked it out tonight

tonymy01

Quote from: berlinchair on October 05, 2009, 01:04:53 PM
blip - hmmm, you might be onto something there, I noticed it hadn't changed the time itself so just changed it myself...... may have shot myself in the foot!!!
Never a good thing to do on a PC system that has to do calculations and date/time arithmetic on both GMT and localtime information.   No wonder you are having the hassles!
Regards
Tony

berlinchair

yep, hadn't realised that TED actually looked at the local machine to get the GMT offset info, I'd have thought that was either provided by ICE in the EPG data or figured out when you do setup, but I live and learn!

Apologies in advance to ICE for implying they may have been at fault, assuming it does end up being all related to the PC time.... ::)

Gary

Quote from: berlinchair on October 05, 2009, 04:51:26 PM
yep, hadn't realised that TED actually looked at the local machine to get the GMT offset info, I'd have thought that was either provided by ICE in the EPG data or figured out when you do setup, but I live and learn!

Apologies in advance to ICE for implying they may have been at fault, assuming it does end up being all related to the PC time.... ::)
That was the point of my first post to you so you could make sure that you were on the correct offset.

berlinchair

yep, as predicted by you guys, fixed up the DST settings on the laptop and all is well, sorry gary I didn't actually think thru what you were asking with your initial post, never occurred to me that the PC settings would have anything to do with it as I assumed TED would just read what comes off the ICE servers and then package it for the Toppy - clearly it does a lot more than that!
Cheers all for your assistance