Just upgraded to Windows 7 and new IceTV Guide, problem with 10 Digital

Started by ozbear, October 03, 2009, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbear

I have just installed Windows 7 yesterday and read and followed the instructions for downloading and installing the new IceTV guide updates (webget).  This was fresh install of Windows 7, not an update of a previous OS so it wasa clean machine.  

Per the instructions, I did the Windows Media Center  7 setup first, including the channel scan (35 services found) prior to installing the webget/load machinery.  I live in Sydney's Inner West.

After runing the webget/load script supplied by IceTV in the post with the installation instructions, all my "usual" channels got correctly mapped to listing suffixed by the -icetv suffic except for 10 Digital.  If have 7 Digital-icetv, GO!-icetv, Nine-icetv, etc, but nothing for channel 10, except for, what I guess is coming from EIT, since 10's guide data is populated.

Any idea on what I should check, what's going wrong.

Oz

zoszos68

I notice you typed 10 Digital, In Melbourne it's Ten Digital and I would assume its the same for Sydney.
You can manually map Ten Digital In Windows 7.

I'm sure if you can't get it going someone from Ice can Help.
Kevin

ozbear

Yes, Ten Digital....  I assume you have Ten-something-icetv?

Oz

zoszos68

Quote from: ozbear on October 04, 2009, 03:50:10 AM
Yes, Ten Digital....  I assume you have Ten-something-icetv?

Oz

Yes you assume correctly (Ten Digital-IceTv).
Pity their HD went (One is good but I want HD for Tens stuff as well).
Kevin

ozbear

Additional Data/Symptoms:

I did another webget/load operation and then went in to Edit Channel 10. Ten Digital-icetv does appear in my list. However, when I select it as the listing provider, save, exit, come back in to edit it, Ten Digital-icetv is not shown as the listings provider, just Ten Digital. However, Ten Digital-icetv is not in the selection list anymore, but Ten Digital (without the -icetv suffix) is. If I reselect Ten Digital and repeat, then Ten Digital-icetv is once again available as a listing provider in the selection list.

Is this just a cosmetics bug? Is there some way I can tell that Ten Digital-icetv really is being used as the provider, perhaps by looking at some obscure details of a given show?

After selecting Ten Digital-icetv from the selection list, saving, exit, and going back in, Ten Digital-icetv does not appear in the selection list anymore but it does not appear at the top of the screen either...it still says just Ten Digital.

As a last resort, I suppose I could do a channel delete/rescan and see if that yields any joy.  A "scan for additional channels" didn't change anything.

Oz

dgaust

Quote from: ozbear on October 05, 2009, 06:49:52 PM
Is this just a cosmetics bug? Is there some way I can tell that Ten Digital-icetv really is being used as the provider, perhaps by looking at some obscure details of a given show?

Probably the easiest way is to check an episodic show, something where you would expect an Episode Title (don't watch ten much, so I can't really give an example show but not Neighbours). If you get an episode title, then you're using Ice data. If not, then you're getting EIT information.