Have read forums- EPG still missing info.

Started by shale_ii, September 18, 2009, 06:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shale_ii

Hi, I have read and implemented what I have found on these and other forums but am still missing epg info which is driving me cracked- help would be most appreciated. note that I am in regional NSW (Cowra- Orange/ Dubbo regional stations) and have chosen Sydney as my region in account (no regional NSW- FAQ said to do this). I bought my beyonwiz DP_P2 yesterday and have been fiddling with it ever since:

What the problem is: Epg is not showing info for a number of channels and recordings sent to BW via ice interactive for these channels are failing. Just to be clear here are all the current channels I have and how they are showing up-
2    ABC      No prob
3    SBS 1   No prob
8    Win TV Central Tablelands *No Info*
20  ABC HD No prob
22  ABC 2  No prob
30  SBS HD  No prob
50  ONE HD Orange  No prob
55  SC 10   *No Info*
60  Prime HD  *No Info*
61  Prime    *1Prog displayed*
80 Win TV HD  No Prob
88 GO   *No Info*

This is the best result I've been able to get. This is what I have done so far:
Updated firmaware
Cleared Ice TV cache more than once
Checked the copy SD to HD box in account
Deleted all channels
Unplugged from wall
Reset to factory setting
Rescanned channels
Deleted anything that might be a duplicate channel
enabled Ice TV again...waited for it to update

The problem appears to be the regional channels. I'm wondering if that is to do with the LCN in the account tag- which are all set to "ALL" but when I look at the options in the drop down boxes none of them match the numbers the BW has given channels, and also do not offer what regional LCN's I've gleaned from the forums (eg 88 instead of 99 for GO! etc).
Also wondered if the GO! problem was the one solved by tonymy01 but it's not my only problem so haven't tried his solution. Also with that solution I am unsure how to do partial scan because the options are listed as channels and I'm also not sure if the frequency given applies to regional areas.
Sorry for the essay but I wanted to avoid duplication of what I've already done/ read for everyone involved. Any ideas?

blip

Try setting your region to Wollongong as that is the closest match to Orange. There are minor differences (Prime news for example) but for the most part we have the same line up as Wollongong.
Maybe one day Ice will consider us important enough to have our own guide but until then we have to be satisified with an almost correct guide :(

shale_ii

Thanks for your suggestion- it makes sense even though the FAQ says different.
I changed to Wollongong and set the LNC's to match where possible and this has had some success. I am now only missing all data for Prime (although I do have Prime HD so it isn't a major drama I guess) and Southern Cross Ten, meaning I have no channel 10 at all.
Any further suggestions?
Does it make any difference that I kept the station identified as SC 10 and not one of the other tens eg sc 10 orange (and if so does that mean I have to start all over again?)?
I tried with both the lcn's set to 'all' for these channels and with specific lcn's ie 6 for prime and 5 for SC10 (although SC10 is listed at 55 and Prime at 61, 5 and 6 were the only option to 'all') with no result (clearing the cache and waiting for epg to reload each time).
Where am I still going wrong? Thanks for any ideas.

blip

You should have SC10 on LCN 5 (which is SC10 Orange), and Prime on LCN 6. If you have deleted these from the PVR and only kept the duplicates on 55 and 61 you will need to rescan the channels.

shale_ii

Excellent- thank you very much. I now have epg info for all channels.

Suggestion to Ice if you read this:
If you can't/ won't do a regional NSW option then change the direction to choose Sydney- this is incorrect.
A clear explanation of the lcn's in your guide would be very useful as it would save on having to piece together information from various forum posts thus saving the less savvy like myself much time and from deleting the wrong channels etc.

Again thanks blip!