Batch file not working?

Started by bjanssen, September 15, 2009, 11:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjanssen

Hi,

I have just set up my Win7 Media Centre and seem to have an issue.  I noticed that on Saturday 19th, my guide is displaying the OTA guide info, I am looking at Sphere at 9:40pm as an example (OTA says it is Dirty Dancing).  My IceTV application on my iPhone shows that this is listed as Sphere, so the info is available from Ice, it's just not taking in my 7MC for some reason.

I have run the batch file several times.  I even ran the commands manually, inspected the file it downloaded and checked to ensure it had Sphere in it, it did!  I then manually ran the load, and still, no updated guide.

I tried it 7MC open and with it closed.

Anyone able to shed any light on this please?

Thanks,
BJ.

OzRob

You should check that Media Center is configured to use the IceTV and not the over the air EIT data. In the guide go to the channel you want to check, scroll LEFT to highlight the channel name, press the Info button on the remote and select Edit Channel. There should be an item called Edit Listings, select this and then check that Inband Data is disabled and that you are getting guide data from the correct IceTV feed.

bjanssen

Thanks for the reply!  I didn't know you could disable the inband data like that.

I disabled inband data for all channels and saved on all channels.  I then reran the batch file.  No change.  I shut down 7MC, ran the batch file again, restarted 7MC, still no change  :'(

The way I am checking if this has worked is by looking at the movie on channel 9 on saturday at 9:40pm.  Mine says 'Saturday Night Movie' with description 'Dirty dancing *check duration*'.  That is definitely not Ice's, I can only presume it is the work of the inband data.  I can't believe it's not working, your suggestion seemed right on the money.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
BJ.

Russell at IceTV

Hi BJ,

It sounds like you're doing everything right, but I think Win7's Media Center has a problem with overwriting guide data with new info.  So if your machine downloaded the inband EIT data before you could load the IceTV guide data, it may be that you're not able to overwrite it.  We saw this sometimes while testing, and we unfortunately haven't found a way around the problem, except to wipe out the Win7 Media Center guide database and start over.  It's easy enough to do (instructions are here), but it'll wipe out your Series Recordings also, so you'll have to set them up again.  One person mentioned that even after they tried that, and then disabled all the inband data again, he still had EIT data.  I don't know if that's because it was downloaded during the initial channel scan, or some other way.  But since you need to do the channel scan before you load the IceTV data the first time, there's not a good way to prevent the inband data from being loaded.

The good news is that once the inband data has been all used up, you should see the IceTV data start taking over.  Sorry I don't have a better answer at the moment.

Russell

bjanssen

Thanks Russell!

I think I'll try and stick through this rough period and wait for Ice to start taking over.  I'll report back with the results!

BJ.