Poll time on My account Page

Started by vincent, September 08, 2009, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincent

I am new to Ice Interactive and trying to determine the frequency that my new TRF2400 looks for new information and timers.  The Poll time on the My account page is always in front of the actual time in Perth.  I have told you that I am in Perth with the station information so can you correct the polling time back to Perth time?

prl

Quote from: vincent on September 08, 2009, 10:02:45 AM
I am new to Ice Interactive and trying to determine the frequency that my new TRF2400 looks for new information and timers.  The Poll time on the My account page is always in front of the actual time in Perth.  I have told you that I am in Perth with the station information so can you correct the polling time back to Perth time?
Does the 2400 have any status information about IceTV? The Beyonwiz updates its "time to next poll" in its IceTV status window every minute.

Anyway, if you're trying to find out how often the 2400 polls IceTV from the "Your last EPG fetch" time in your IceTV account information, it doesn't really matter what time zone it's in, because you're interested in the difference between successive updates.

Beyonwiz device accounts allow updates every 30 minutes. I'd assume it would be the same for Topfield accounts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

vincent

No such luck with the topfield system.  Information about ICE is nil apart from the configuration screen.  Looking at the poll time it looks to be roughly every 3hrs.  I would expect 30minutes is a better poll time if you are looking for new timer information.  If it is just the EPG then once a day is fine.