Episode not scheduled icon appears inappropriately

Started by Colin, September 06, 2009, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

I have a series recording set up and am expecting to see the red "Series recording" icon. However I see the grey "Episode not scheduled" icon. My Beyonwiz EPG shows the program in red, ie it is set to record. If I delete the series recording and re-create it, I see the red "Series recording" icon, but after the screen refreshes (with no other changes to recordings), the icon goes grey again. Is this an IceTV problem?

The series recording options are any network, any time, 1st runs and repeats, prefer HD, record all, so Ice should have no reason not to schedule it. There is a free tuner available on the Beyonwiz.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

I can see you have several series recordings setup, but I'm not sure which one you're having trouble with.  If you can let us know which one it is, we can take a look and see if we can find out why it's not being scheduled correctly.

Thanks,
Russell

Colin

Thanks Russell. One example is Sunday nights - both CSI Miami's should be in red. Same story on Wednesday with both episodes of Without a Trace. Hoping you can help...

Russell at IceTV

Ah, ok, I think I see the problem now.

If you go to My Account, you'll see that you have several channels set to be hidden from the web site, but they're not disabled on the PVR.  The scheduling engine on our server is probably scheduling those shows on channels you have hidden from the web site, but you can't see that they've already been scheduled there.  If you really don't get those channels, you should set them to "disabled" for the PVR also.  Then the scheduling engine will only use the channels you really have.

Once you save the changes to your hidden channels, the scheduling engine will automatically scan all your series recordings again on all channels, and you should see things looking differently after about 30 seconds or so.

Thanks,
Russell

Colin

Thanks Russell. That has indeed solved the problem. Much appreciated.

I do receive the channels hidden from the web site (eg Nine SD), but had hidden them to avoid the double-listing of programs on the web site (eg with Nine HD). There's an occasional difference in the programming, so I thought I'd keep them all on the PVR. I didn't expect the scheduling engine to use channels that are hidden from the web site. Guess I'll have to re-think my strategy.

Thanks
Colin

grasshopper

Hi
I too am having the similar problem as Colin, But in my case the shows / episodes that show the grey episode not scheduled icon do not record. If i delete and recreate the entry most times it will then stay set correctly, but sometimes it can also revert to the grey episode not scheduled after a day or so aswell.
In my account i do not have any channels hidden from website.

Any advice as to how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Regards
grasshopper