Batch file downloads the guide to a temp directory

Started by ftai, September 01, 2009, 03:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftai

All working now - let's see how this goes !

I did have a minor hiccup in getting this working - when I ran the .bat file from the download posted in the FAQ, it would not copy the mxf (forgive me if the file extension is wrong) that was generated from the download.  I found that the reason was that when the file was created, it was actually created in some strange folder (don't remember the name)

After searching for the file (in /users/virtual local file/[blah blah] << something like that) I used that explicit path to point to the file, and all is good.  Not sure if this is standard W7 behaviour or not - very odd indeed.

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

It sounds like maybe you're running the .bat file from within the .zip file you downloaded?  If so, it's probably being launched from a temp directory somewhere, and then downloading to that directory.  If you extract the .zip file to a directory somewhere first, and then navigate to that directory using the Computer icon on your desktop, you can double-click the .bat file to run it, and it'll download to that same directory and get loaded automatically.

Russell