High RAM and CPU usage of IceTV Interactive 2.0.0.20

Started by AdamN, August 29, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamN

I'm running 2.0.0.20 and was hoping all these issues would be resolved. Not so. When I'm watching TV and it begins stuttering and skipping, I have to close media center. Then I open up the task manager and the icetv interactive process will usually be using about 300Mb of RAM and be climbing. It will also be using almost half my processing power.

Closing the application from the system tray does not fix it, however killing the process from the task manager does. When I reopen IceTV Interactive, it all goes back to normal and everything on the PC runs smoothly.

How can I help fix this bug? Perhaps there's a log or something that I can send you when it happens next time?

AdamN

P.S. I have lots and lots of completed, failed and pending tasks in the C:\Users\Adam\AppData\Roaming\IceTV\IceTV Interactive\tasks folder.

OzRob

You need to delete the Tasks folder. There is a corrupt entry somewhere in there that is causing the high CPU usage. Apparently the new version you're running should prevent this from reoccurring, but you need to delete the corrupt task first.

AdamN

Ok it just happened again. 50% CPU usage and over 600Mb of RAM. I will close the app, delete the tasks folder and start the app again. I'll post an update in a few days.

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: AdamN on August 31, 2009, 08:23:22 PM
Ok it just happened again. 50% CPU usage and over 600Mb of RAM. I will close the app, delete the tasks folder and start the app again. I'll post an update in a few days.

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear it's still happening.

Yes, it definitely sounds like bad task files.  If it happens again, maybe you could tell us how many files are in each folder?  Also, if you could zip them up and send them to us, we can take a look.  Start a support ticket via the Contact Us page on our web site and mention this forum thread, and ask for an email address to send them to.

Thanks,
Russell

moximus

I wondered what the hell was going on, sometimes my pc wouldn't sleep and I would wake up in the morning to find it working hard.  Deleting the files did the trick, next time I will take note of how many are there etc.

HarperHouse

I've just deleted my Tasks folder as well. I will let you guys know if I experience any more high CPU usage from the app.

Thanks!