No guide in Go! or ABC-HD

Started by fruity, August 25, 2009, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fruity

Have a Beyonwiz DP-S1.  The guide has always worked for every channel, but has always been blank for ABC HD.  Now that Go! has appeared, it's also blank in the EPG.  But IceTV clearly has this data available.  Why isn't the Beyonwiz getting/showing it?

tonymy01

You must have missed all my posts about ABCHD and my post about Go!?   Delete all your Nine shows, and rescan the frequency that you receive Nine on (VHF8 in most major areas), and Go! EPG will return.   ABCHD *does* have shows, it is only 1 or 2 a week though, due to ABC not broadcasting any real HD shows much.   Tick the option in your account settings "copy SD to HD" and bingo, that issue is fixed for those that can't stand seeing blank for ABCHD.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Bigboboz

I've done this and the Go! guide information is there now but 9 and 9HD ore now missing...I deleted all of my 9 services first and then re-scanned. Strange Go works and the standard 9 channels don't...

I'm using a BW S1 with latest firmware, not sure what other info is relevant. Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert

tonymy01

Did you delete *all* services (So 9, 99, 90 and any duplicates of these not in your favourites list)?  Did you do a partial scan, or a full scan?  If you did a full scan, you probably ended up with duplicates again from multiple broadcasts.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Bigboboz

I changed to list all services and deleted 9, 99 and 90 and then partial scan. Maybe I'll try it again.

I originally got Go! to show up by turning DCM on then off and that worked but the epg didn't show up so tried the above method and now 9 is gone

tonymy01

Same here, DCM picked up the changes but i ended up with some duplicates too (no rescanning, this is duplicates from the one multiplex due to the changed params... VHF8).   When I deleted the duplicates (but left 99 in there), I had EPG for 9,90 but not for Go.   I just figured this was because ICE was taking their time to get Go going, but then started to see exclamations appearing in the interactive on Go shows and wondered why the Wiz was 100% empty for Go.  So I deleted everything from Nine this time, rescanned VHF8, and this time, all is ok.
Regards
Tony

Bigboboz

I've tried it again and no joy. Restarted the BW and no joy. Maybe I need to wait for the BW to re-download the EPG...

Yeah had duplicates as well after turning DCM on.

Thanks,
Rob