Why is there two ONEs. ONE and ONE HD...

Started by marcusstringer, July 30, 2009, 08:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcusstringer

Hey guys,
First of all, I get that HD means High Def and the other one is standard def...
And great upgrade, the interactive site mixed with the iPhone app works 100%, thanks

But when I went in and updated all the interactive stuff yesterday I noticed that there were two "ONE" channels (ONE + ONE HD)
I though Ten/SC were only broadcasting 1 channel ONE and that was going to be in HD...
Does that mean because I only have 1 ONE in my MCE guide listing that I need to retune (again)? two get them both (Regional Victoria)

Also is there different content on these?

As the last time I checked there was only ever 1 ONE?
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

prl

Ten's press release at the time One HD was announced said that they would simulcast One HD on One (SD).

In (some? all?) regional markets, for example on SC Ten in the ACT, One (SD) is not being simulcast.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

dgaust

Quote from: marcusstringer on July 30, 2009, 08:39:12 AM
Hey guys,
First of all, I get that HD means High Def and the other one is standard def...
And great upgrade, the interactive site mixed with the iPhone app works 100%, thanks

But when I went in and updated all the interactive stuff yesterday I noticed that there were two "ONE" channels (ONE + ONE HD)
I though Ten/SC were only broadcasting 1 channel ONE and that was going to be in HD...
Does that mean because I only have 1 ONE in my MCE guide listing that I need to retune (again)? two get them both (Regional Victoria)

Also is there different content on these?

As the last time I checked there was only ever 1 ONE?

There is only one One, the One SD channel is basically a simulcast of One HD. So Ten are now broadcasting three 'distinct' channels. Ten (god knows what LCN this one is, 10?), One HD (1) and One SD (12).

So if you have a HD tuner, you wouldn't even bother with One SD as it is exactly the same content as One SD. The only time it is different, is if what is on One is also on 10, the One SD channel just broadcasts a message saying watch it on either One HD or Ten.

Confused? Good, that's how Ten want you the feel  ;D

prl

Quote from: dgaust on July 30, 2009, 10:36:58 AM
There is only one One, the One SD channel is basically a simulcast of One HD. So Ten are now broadcasting three 'distinct' channels. Ten (god knows what LCN this one is, 10?), One HD (1) and One SD (12).

So if you have a HD tuner, you wouldn't even bother with One SD as it is exactly the same content as One SD. The only time it is different, is if what is on One is also on 10, the One SD channel just broadcasts a message saying watch it on either One HD or Ten.
All true for Ten's own market area. If you're receiving from a Ten affiliate, you're probably not getting One (SD) at all, and the only way to get One is through One HD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

marcusstringer

Okay...So I guess I'm going to have to retune MCE again to make sure I have actually picked up the HD version of ONE?

What they should have done was to have the channel names listed as:

Ten/SC
Ten SD/SC SD
ONE HD/ONE HD

Marcus

Daniel Hall at IceTV

To confirm, for regional areas there is only 1 "ONE" channel available, its "ONE HD". There is also the "ONE Digital" channel (or just ONE in the website) as in the regional areas we also include the capital city guides as well.

The channels you should see are:

Regional:
SC Ten (SD) on channel 5
ONE HD (HD) on channel 50

Capital Cities:
Ten Digital (SD) on channel 10
ONE HD (HD) on channels 1 and 11 (1 is the primary channel)
ONE Digital (SD) on channel 12

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

marcusstringer

Quote from: Daniel Hall on July 30, 2009, 11:43:23 AM
I hope this clears up some of the confusion.
Almost...

So in theory because I'm in regional Victoria I should see ONE Digital and ONE HD like I am now???

Marcus

TrevorHolls

I'm leaving this thread more confused then when I came in....:)

Damn you TEN!