Use EPG from one channel for another?

Started by Nova, February 26, 2009, 11:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Hi,

Is it possible to use the EPG from one channel and have it show up (and record) on another channel?

I live in rural SA and we get WIN SA (lcn 8) which takes its content mostly from channel 7 in Adelaide.  The IceTV EPG currently shows the guide from channel 9 though, so I am looking for a way to change this to channel 7 so I can use the 7 info to schedule recordings etc.

I have tried to change the epg channel mapping (is that the right term) for WIN to Adelaide 7, but this doesn't change the EPG info.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Currently I cannot use Ice for winsa as the guide info is wrong.

Cheers,
Scott.

Chopsus

<Bump>

Any ideas on this as I think I might need to do the same thing. The program info is available via the webpage, just not associated with 3 of my SD local channels.

jillmess

You could try what I do with my Beyonwiz.

In my guide on the Ice Interactive page I have "my" channel + the one which appears in the EPG on my PVR.  When I want to record something on "my" channel I set the timer (via Interactive) for the corresponding time on the other channel.

The only problem with this approach is that most timers must be set as one-offs ie it is not easy to set up series recordings etc.

Hope this makes sense  ;D

Jill