Can't get EPG data.........?

Started by brianh, July 10, 2009, 11:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianh

I haven't been able to get EPG on the BW for a while now, below are my settings
Wiz (DP-S1) FW is 1.05.294
Wiz is set to a fixed IP on the router, connected by cable into the back of the IceBox2, I can browse the network & play networked files OK.
I successfully fetch twice a day for two Toppys that I also have using the PC.
IceTV is set to "Enable", name & password are OK & I have checked my device settings on my IceTV account web page but I can't select any device when looking from the BW - none show up.
The message on the BW says "try to get scheduler tasks", but never seems to report getting them.
Trying to Check user name & password just goes on forever, doesn't achieve anything, doesn't even seem to time out.

EDIT - I've also tried deleting, saving, then re-creating my device - no joy.  Router has been rebooted several times in the last few weeks, so I don't think it's that either.

Any clues?

Cheers,
Brian

tonymy01

Brian, I would hazard a bet it is your gateway or DNS is wrong.   This is why DHCP is often better, because what the router gives usually works.   Hand entering information can end up with your situation.   You said you had ISP troubles on the Beyonwiz forum, depending on what DNS you put in that can give LOTS of troubles!   Normally you would put the IP address of your router in here, as most routers will do DNS forwarding if enabled, but ensure your router is also setup correctly for DNS also.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

brianh

Hi Tony, 

Our ISP problems have been about router settings for internet connection,  so it doesn't drop out all the time.  LAN is fine and now WAN is more stable, so shouldn't be a problem.  I'm still getting the toppy ICE feeds OK from TEDS.

Router is a billion 7404VGOM, I have set up fixed hosts using the MAC address of the wiz, so it has a set IP issued by the router. Gateway & DNS are both set to the Router's address.  As noted on the BW forum, WizTV is working OK.

I hope that gives you a bit more info to work with,

Cheers,
Brian

brianh

...Upgraded to FW 1.05.301 & EPG is back............  I'll keep an eye on it though...........