How do I get remote recording to work?

Started by alches, June 28, 2009, 12:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alches

Can someone give me some simple direction or point me to specific help on how to get remote recording to work.  The EPG is updating fine on my Beyonwiz P1.  I can record by selecting on the guide and it works.  The guide updates automatically as it should.

I can select to record and it shows on my PC or phone (N95) and it schedules as ready to record - but it doesn't.  Obviously I am missing something.

I deleted the two divices that were set up Beyonwiz and Windows Media, and reset Beyonwiz only.  I then started getting a message on the TV "Please make at least one divice at the PIMP. Options page in www.icetv.com.au."   The instruction does not make gramatical sense and what is the PIMP anyway?  I went to the website but could not find the 'Options' page mentioned or any information about PIMP, so I am completely at a loss.

I tried searching help: PIMP brought up two refereces both the same article and for Windows Vista (I have XP) and even though I scanned them I could not see a reference to PIMP.  Similarly I could see references to iPhone when searching on "phone" but 'mobile" gave no results. Theoretically the phone is just the website anyway, and either can be set to record but it doesn't.

Anyway, I set up Windows media center again and that got rid of the message but resetting the recordings some hours ahead of time still did not work.

So two questions -  What is PIMP? and  How can I use my phone to set a recording that will actually record?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Allan

tonymy01

PIMP is what ICE originally called the protocol/scheme to set timers, before they decided to go for the nicer sounding "Interactive" (actually, I think there was one more name in the middle there I have forgotten now...).
edit:
Prompted by my Widget history (I had to restart the ICE Widget *again* to get new data in it... have to do that some times... leave my PC on 24x7 and every now and again have to restart the Widget... pain in the coit that the Widget doesn't have an option to refresh/reload without the annoyance of quitting and launching from the pathetic WinXP Yahoo Widget interface... anyway, off topic)... the name between PIMP and Interactive was "ICETV Remote".
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).