IceTV Remote Recording

Started by McBanjo, June 18, 2009, 02:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBanjo

Am I right in saying that remote recording (setting MCE to record from the Dashboard Widget/iPhone app etc.) is not supported in the IceTV beta for Windows 7?

This feature is the only reason I subscribed to IceTV, and with the guide data coming over the air now, there's not much benefit IceTV gives.

I do hope this feature will be included quickly if I'm going to keep subscribing when Windows 7 is released.

Thanks.

Tenoq

That's correct.  Waiting for this feature too. 

teon

Quote from: Tenoq on August 04, 2009, 01:13:05 PM
That's correct.  Waiting for this feature too. 

Same here  :(
It's basically the only reason I use IceTV

boh

Hi,

Work-around: use Microsoft Mesh, mesh.com. As long as the PC at home is on you can log in and run that PC remotely from another PC, i.e. open up Media Center (on your home PC) and schedule just like you were sitting in front of the PC. I do that from work, works perfect. Can't do it from your mobile though.

Cheers

OzRob

Given that Windows 7 hasn't officially been released to the public yet, your disappointment seems a tad premature. While it may be frustrating, part and parcel of using beta or pre-release software is the fact that 3rd-party applications don't necessarily work or don't have full functionality.

If IceTV don't have Interactive working with Win7 by the time it's officially released, then I'll be annoyed.

tascaver

OzRob is quite correct. There's still two months to go before Win 7 is released, so if you use it now, you're taking a risk. I installed Win 7 as my XP machine karked it; after a new motherboard, processor & video card I installed Win 7 RC as there was no way Microsoft would have given me a new XP key. So I'm using Win 7 on a production machine, but I was prepared to take the risk. My DigiTV software doesn't work, I can't get my Nebula USB tuners to work properly, WMC ties up all tuners and then says no tuners are available so my HDHomeRun tuners are almost useless. Joy!

If McBanjo et al. weren't prepared for broken software, why did they install Win 7? If WMC doesn't work yet, why expect IceTV? At least IceTV seems to be trying to fix the problems. Give them some leeway!

hamping

The word 'disappointment' wasn't actually used by anyone as far as I can see. Is it an offence to say what features are considered to be valuable? WIN 7 is in fact at RTM and it is available to whoever wants to download it. Whether or not ICE Tv supports all features is not the point. The features that it should support now or later is what this forum is partly about. Ppl will obviously decide whether or not they want to subscribe to ICE TV based on they service they receive and whether it meets their needs and ICTV is entitled to know what ppl are thinking without thought police telling them what they should or should not be thinking.

Tenoq

Quote from: OzRob on August 25, 2009, 03:38:19 PM
Given that Windows 7 hasn't officially been released to the public yet, your disappointment seems a tad premature. While it may be frustrating, part and parcel of using beta or pre-release software is the fact that 3rd-party applications don't necessarily work or don't have full functionality.

If IceTV don't have Interactive working with Win7 by the time it's officially released, then I'll be annoyed.

It's official released to Technet & MSDN members, and Action Pack subscribers.  ;)  Nothing pre-release or beta about the version I'm running on all my PCs. 

Given Windows 7's extensive beta and RC program, there is some disappointment they aren't supporting it yet.  It's not like they haven't had the code available to them, even if they're not a Microsoft Partner.  Either way, I'm going to use the in-stream guide data for now - does the same thing as IceTV without Interactive. :)

nac6

I am also waiting for iPhone scheduling before I can upgrade to Windows7, please hurry up!

jaswah