Thank you IceTV

Started by Khtulu, June 03, 2009, 11:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khtulu

Thanks a bunch for changing the names of the channels in the epg data yet again.  You have caused me to miss taping shows tonight as everything has come up as no data available.  Would you please stop messing with the channel names?  Jeezuz.  Frak. 

Really pissed off.

Windows Vista Media Centre. 

melmac

Was this for channel 7? All of a sudden I am geting errors in the log and no data in the guide for 7 digital and 7 hd.  This started today I have made no changes to my system so I assuming Ice have made changes at their end, It nearly caused me too miss Lost :(
Error messgae is

Couldn't match the specified channel in the downloaded IceTV channel lineup/program to the local MCE channel lineup.  Verify that your online configuration is correct.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 23
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: 7 Digital
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 3/06/2009 3:00:00 PM (3/06/2009 11:00:00 PM local)
- - - - - - - Duration: 01:00:00
- - - - - - - Recurrence: 0
- - - - - - - Last Error:
- - - - - - - **: No SE found.

and

Couldn't match the specified channel in the downloaded IceTV channel lineup/program to the local MCE channel lineup.  Verify that your online configuration is correct.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 98
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: 7 HD Digital
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 4/06/2009 3:00:00 PM (4/06/2009 11:00:00 PM local)
- - - - - - - Duration: 01:00:00
- - - - - - - Recurrence: 0
- - - - - - - Last Error:
- - - - - - - **: No SE found.

What has cause this and how do I fix it, Do I have to re-scan ?

Mel

Khtulu

For me all channels except ABC's.  All I ended up doing was edit the listings and add the newly named channels but only after it was too late.

What *** *** is the purpose of *** with the channel names anyway.  Growing more and more disgusted with this service.  While I'm at it why in god's name can't we have the same epg data applied to similar channels.  ie ABC HD & ABC 1.  Not that I'm a *** and don't know that it ABC 1 is just the SD version, but you can only either have the data applied to one of the channels.

Seriously *** I reckon.

On another note have fun trying to distinguish between the newly named channels 7 & 7 and 7HD and 7HD.  *** ***

[Language edited]

futzle

Thanks for the heads-up, Kthulu and melmac.  Same here; I wonder what I missed on Seven last night.

What happened: The IceGuide channel name for "Seven" is now "7 Digital" and for "7 HD" is now "7 HD Digital", presumably to match what the station is actually broadcasting.

tonymy01

Didn't impact anything that uses LCNs and/or ICE channel number details to do the work (e.g. Beyonwiz, e.g. PerlTGD with xml processing).   Is it possible to get your Windows7 beta people to make LCN support rather than channel name, then the issue is a non issue, or is using a non supported non released product not allowed for you to feedback these issues to those people?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Khtulu

I must also point out that I use the Qld Regional data.

melmac

Just a note that I am using VISTA 32 I should have put that in the original post

aswigon

Happened to me too (Vista 32).

bodogbodog

Sadly I had to do a complete rescan and setup as well after this change
Vista Ultimate 32bit
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare