Channel Nine restrictions over?

Started by Kirben, April 22, 2009, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi Peter

We're aware of the continuing issues with WIN HD and we know it's frustrating, which is why Mitch cautiously said "over the next week". It's really a problem specific to WIN, unfortunately, though it's similar to the ABC HD issue.   

We're doing a WIN HD schedule off our own bat. The alternative is to have no WIN HD schedule at all (we don't really want to do this) or to dump all the SD shows in between the gaps, which we did at one stage until we were informed by subscribers that it was wrong. As you know, even if a show is available in HD or flagged as HD this can't be relied upon when it comes to WIN, who go off and do their own thing.

What we will do soon is get rid of the old "n/a" and put in a no data message or something similar that only appears on WIN HD. 

Thanks

prl

Thanks Madeleine.

I agree that IceTV made the right choice in including SD multicasts on WIN NSW HD in the IceTV guide. I was only grumbling about WIN/Nine's decision to put SD material on the HD service.

I'm looking forward to the gaps getting filled in over the next few weeks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

We'll do our best with WIN HD.

It comes back to that issue of assuming they do what everyone else does only to find out that they don't. WIN is clearly struggling with some HD issues and this flows on to the way we schedule the channel.

prl

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on May 27, 2009, 11:55:56 AM
What we will do soon is get rid of the old "n/a" and put in a no data message or something similar that only appears on WIN HD. 
The "no data" entries on Tues 2 Jun for WIN NSW HD in the ACT now have the title "WIN HD". That seems a bit odd as a choice.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

dJOS

Quote from: prl on May 27, 2009, 09:44:40 AM
This is what I'm currently seeing as "N/A Channel Nine" in the WIN NSW HD IceTV guide for the ACT:

SNIP

Complete? I don't really think so.

I think I found the problem.  8)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

prl

Quote from: djos on May 27, 2009, 08:12:30 PM
Quote from: prl on May 27, 2009, 09:44:40 AM
This is what I'm currently seeing as "N/A Channel Nine" in the WIN NSW HD IceTV guide for the ACT:

SNIP

Complete? I don't really think so.

I think I found the problem.  8)

I know that WIN's scheduling is a bit all over the place, but I still have a whole bunch of gaps in the IceTV data I get. I'm happy for now that Madeleine has said that they're working on the problem.

The point I was trying to make was that just because the restrictions on using Nine's Time & Title data has apparently been lifted (still no statement from IceTV about it though), and that Sydney and other Nine regions now have much better data, doesn't mean that all the "Nine and affiliates" data is of the same quality.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on May 27, 2009, 05:03:33 PM
Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on May 27, 2009, 11:55:56 AM
The "no data" entries on Tues 2 Jun for WIN NSW HD in the ACT now have the title "WIN HD". That seems a bit odd as a choice.

Now changed to be more like what Madeleine suggested. The missing information on WIN NSW HD for the ACT is now showing as "No data - WIN HD" for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use