Main Menu

PIMP

Started by mooksy79, March 12, 2006, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tax_Invoice

So does all this mean it's up & running? :)

What is required for me to use it?

I am currently an IceTV Subscriber with MCE PC.

russellb

me too , looking forward to trying it  8)

Tax_Invoice

Is there any news on this yet?

Marc

Sure is.

It's all up and running as a full release now (not in beta any more). We enabled PIMP access for all accounts about a week ago, but haven't made an official (and loud!) announcement just yet. We wanted to have some more time to test. It seems like everything's working well though, as we've only really experienced a few very minor issues.

PIMP works with Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition and Mac OS X EyeTV. Recordings can be scheduled via mobile phone or web. You'll need a fairly recent mobile phone (3G or XHTML enabled) to use the PIMP mobile service. We've designed it to be as lightweight as possible though, so most phones are ok.

MCE users need to install the latest PIMP client. EyeTV users don't need to install anything.

icetv.com.au/pimp/ also has some more information about PIMP if you're interested.

Stuff that's coming soon to PIMP: Library management, series recordings and a few other cool things ;) Expect PIMP to be actively and quickly developed. If you do experience issues, please call our support phone number rather than posting here. There's quite a few IceTV employees that read and post (as well as some very helpful forum members--thanks shane!), but if you need a quick response then by phone is the best method.