ONE HD schedule borked this afternoon ?

Started by techydude, April 23, 2009, 06:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techydude

hi,  i'm new here, so maybe i'm rehashing something,

but, at 6pm tonight IceTV says "Transworld Sport" is on 6:00-7:00pm ONE HD (Melbourne metro, EyeTV).

great, i think, i'll veg out to that for an hour while i do email.

except, it isn't - the footy's still on <sigh>.  i force an update of the EPG in IceTV, still says Transworld Sport @ 6:00pm

so i goto ten.com.au (something i thought i'd never have to do with IceTV) and according to them Transworld Sport was on at 3:45pm, then AFL @ 4:45pm, then sports news @ 7:00pm.

so, was this a "rare occurrence", or do i need to "have my expectation's adjusted" (downward) ?

which raises a broader question - how "responsive" is IceTV to what i'm guessing was a "late" schedule change like this? obviously between 3:45pm (at the absolute latest) when IceTV's schedule diverged from reality, no update has been made! :(

thanks, Anthony.

techydude

just noticed another post about a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, relating to more copyright shenanigans.

is that the case here?  that you can't use Ch10's own published and *now public* TV guide to adjust your own guide, when they make late changes?

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. Until court orders are deciphered and usual post-decision legalities are attended to, we still cannot and do not access TEN Guide. However, I might point out, even were we able to, there will still be times when what they show and what's on our guide will differ. Same as now though - rarely.

The 'Transworld Sport' program is scheduled for repeat at 05:30 tmw morning (Fri), so maybe you can record that one.

Always expect the maximum possible [b from the IceTV Guide but always adjust your expectations sharply downwards with the Networks. Thanks.

techydude

thanks for the quick reply Mitch,

after reading a few more posts, i'm starting to see how broad an impact (negative) these copyright shenanigan have been having.

but I'm still failing to see what their end-game is/was/might-still-be-with-Freeview with all this copyright BS ?

i've made my choice: EyeTV + IceTV (but the choice of DVR is relatively irrelevant here - they would surely know they can't funnel ALL consumers into 1 particular choice-of-their-dictating DVR+EPG).

if they have an "official" EPG offering of their own, they're doing a pathetic job letting me know about it, so i'm guessing they dont, and that the still nonexistant FreeView will be "it"?  you mean they've left their run this late and let IceTV cement their well-deserved position simply by agreeing amongst themselves to sic Ch9 onto you to try to hold back the future?

so after that point they're just shooting themselves in the foot - if it's not in IceTV EPG, I don't watch it or their advertisers!

sorry for the rant, but as a new EyeTV/IceTV user i appear to have discovered yet another fundamental orifice up which Aust. TV exec's have been putting their heads... :-(

tonymy01

Welcome to ICE but you are complaining about something (just a day) after the goal posts changed though.    ICE finally got a good outcome, after 3 years dragged through the court by Nine, and I am sure within weeks we will see a positive benefit to the ICE guide (fingers crossed!)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. Anyhing I might add might be seen as naturally biased anyway. I won't bag Freeview here, but there is plenty about it and it's advantages / disadvantages on the net in blogs and industry write-ups. It would be unprofessional of me to highlight the large number of holes in their logic, their ultimate agenda and their hidden masters. I just won't go into it. Thanks for the thread though.