7 Qld Doesn't Work

Started by mcpaton, April 06, 2009, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcpaton

Tried sending a support request but didn't get a response. I have signed up and tried out the interactive thing. Works for all stations except 7 Qld (Using a beyonwiz DP-P2). I think I saw somewhere that ICE TV has set 7 QLD's LCN as 6 (when in fact all 7 Qld sites are LCN 7) and I can't change this in the Beyonwiz.

As most of my required recordings are on 7, this is quite a pain. Any way to work around it?

Thanks
Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

Mac37

Quote from: mcpaton on April 06, 2009, 09:55:25 PM
I think I saw somewhere that ICE TV has set 7 QLD's LCN as 6 (when in fact all 7 Qld sites are LCN 7)

7 QLD scans as LCN 6 here on the Sunshinecoast Brisbane 7 scans as 7. We pick up both.
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

mcpaton

Hmm ok. Maybe that's because you're in an overlapping area. Doesn't help me though.

jillmess

You will have to set timers via interactive using "Seven Brisbane" (instead of "Seven QLD").  Go to the 'My Account' section of IceTV and tick Seven-Brisbane & Seven HD-Brisbane.  These will then show up in your guide for you to use to set timers.  I leave Seven-QLD & Seven HD-QLD ticked as well so I can see what is actually on "my" channel 7, and then set the timer for the corresponding time on Seven-Brisbane.

I am in the Wide Bay area.  We get channel 7 on LCN 7 (the same as Brisbane) where for a large part of regional QLD it is apparently LCN6?  As the beyonwiz does not incorporate any channel mapping options, the above workaround is our only choice for now.

mcpaton

That's a shame. Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Rockhampton 7 is all on LCN 7. Can we maybe have an ICETV region setting for our areas that works?

I normally record 7 Local News at 6:00pm, then the State News at 6.30. To set them from Brisbane, would set 7 News, then Today Tonight in the Ice Guide. Today Tonight airs here at 4.30pm. Will I end up with that as a recording?

Seems silly to set 7 Qld as LCN 6 for possibly 1 market, where there are at least 5 other markets where it is LCN 7.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: mcpaton on April 07, 2009, 08:45:22 PM
That's a shame. Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Rockhampton 7 is all on LCN 7. Can we maybe have an ICETV region setting for our areas that works?

I normally record 7 Local News at 6:00pm, then the State News at 6.30. To set them from Brisbane, would set 7 News, then Today Tonight in the Ice Guide. Today Tonight airs here at 4.30pm. Will I end up with that as a recording?

Seems silly to set 7 Qld as LCN 6 for possibly 1 market, where there are at least 5 other markets where it is LCN 7.

See this post http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1472.msg8158#msg8158
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.